TFC Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Still at work. Opening this up and closing chat.
Shit result. Needed 3 here. Should of had 3.

Dammit.... that ref sucked, but even with his total suckage, Patrick Vieira sucked more. Toronto used three subs before our first, and once again, in a game we controlled completely, his subs changed the fcking shape and formation of the team. Not a single offensive sub to keep fresh legs putting pressure on them. Fck!!!!! I swear he will never make it any farther if he doesn't learn how to substitute by playing to the team's strengths. Fck!!!!! And to make it worse, my wife is not letting me forget it was a sauna in that damn fcking stadium tonight...... Fck.......this is ALL on Vieira......

Ugh, where to start.

Yes, Villa is a god. Great finish on his goal, great interchange with Maxi for the 2nd. Also seemed to be the only one willing to hold possession at the end of the game. (Also, please tell me there is a photo of shirtless Villa from the end of the game-asking for a friend)

Disappointed with Herrera. Only because I expect so much from him. It was his overcommitment that allowed so much space on the cross that led to the PK. And let's not even talk about the 1 v 1 non-shot

RJ was garbage, and probably played himself out of a starting spot again. Which is fine by me. Raheem Edwards was killing him down that side when he subbed on.

Tmac- frustrating that he gets in great spots to score, then bumbles them.

Overall, passing was terrible for most of the game, and then we looked exhausted early on in the 2nd half

Better come out firing vs Chicago

This might have been one of the most frustrating games I've watched. No Altidore, Bradley, or Gio and we draw!

Initial observations... We play too passively when we have a one goal lead. Vieira shuts down the offense late in the game and we don't have the defense to hold leads. I don't understand what formation we played at the end and I don't understand the substitutions made. We needed a spark in the last 20 minutes and Lopez and White don't provide that. Lewis should have been subbed in for Tommy. I would've even looked to see Pirlo in to control the ball.

How the hell did we run out of gas? We've been off for to fucking weeks!

We need to pick up a solid RB during this transfer window.

Word. Horrible result against a half-strength TFC.

First half, start of second half was pretty typical City. Soft goal. Harrison has been weak on D recently. I hope he is getting some coaching on that. But we looked OK. Really suffered from Tommy's lack of quality in the final 3rd. He has a solid football brain but a subpar football body. Feet a bit heavy, overall a bit sluggish. It's a shame. He makes some outstanding runs.

Vieira's in-game management was disastrous. This is now becoming a Real Thing. Lopez for Tommy was a weird decision when we needed someone like Pirlo to exert some control over the game. And then Maxi should have come off for Lewis to give TFC something to think about in D but he threw White into the mix to just completely fuck our backline.

Firstly, we know RJ is basically feckless on the left side. We also know White can play RB. If you have to go 5 at the back, why not play White at RCB, Sweat at LWB and RJ at RWB?

And I don't even think 5 at the back was the right choice. At the 75th, I already knew we were gonna concede. On a pitch that small, you can't give up midfield.

I'm a little inebriated but I can't make any sense of Vieira's decision making. More importantly, neither could the players.

1. That was not a pk for Toronto.
2. I can't wait until VAR.
3. The ref didn't call a pk for us early in the first half.

4. Holy fuck that ref.

Reactions: Jock and Ulrich
Random Thoughts

- We need a GIF from around 47' when TMac (26 year old attacking player) lost a 20 yard foot race to Hernandez (33 year old CB) by at least 1.5 yards so that we can link it when all the TMac fans come around with the lectures about us being too hard on him.

- Jack looked rusty on offense but I blame RJ for the times he looked bad on D

- RJ is both terrible and clueless, how dumb can you be, 1st he gives up an incredibly stupid penalty then he's thick headed enough to pick up a card arguing his obvious error.

-Maxi and Johnson were both bright spots for so, interesting that our two most inform players are the ones that have been out of play for the longest

- We need a RB badly and a competent backup LW

Bradley and Altidore out and still a draw. Should have been able to win even if they weren't called up. Would love to put the blame on RJ but he should have never been there in the first place. Vieira once again at fault for the outcome. Awful subs. Chicago game is not going to be pretty

Dammit.... that ref sucked, but even with his total suckage, Patrick Vieira sucked more. Toronto used three subs before our first, and once again, in a game we controlled completely, his subs changed the fcking shape and formation of the team. Not a single offensive sub to keep fresh legs putting pressure on them. Fck!!!!! I swear he will never make it any farther if he doesn't learn how to substitute by playing to the team's strengths. Fck!!!!! And to make it worse, my wife is not letting me forget it was a sauna in that damn fcking stadium tonight...... Fck.......this is ALL on Vieira......

Viera will always find the best paradigm to play to against any team but seems to be incapable of inferring when the paradigm no longer fits. He's formulaic and that only takes us so far... even in MLS.

Vieira's in-game management is on a par with Field Marshal Haig. My god. There has to be someone within CFG who can stage an intervention here.

Also, is there any reason why RJ Allen suddenly got promoted to the starting XI? He offers very little, and often subtracts a lot more.

Edit: Got my 20th century generals mixed up. Apologies.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Toe
Can I say point proven that that lineup isn't a cup winning lineup yet or am I still crazy and this against torontos b squad.

I'm reluctant to give up hope but I'd agree tonight was a very bad sign. That was our A- lineup against their C- lineup and they took it to us. I've placed a lot of hope on Herrera and that was by far his least impactful performance.

I honestly don't get the RJ hate. Peel the onion. He was getting eaten alive by Edwards because we gave up midfield. Herrera was gassed and Lopez is Lopez. Switching from right side to left side is tough and we know RJ sucks there. There was no reason to play him at LB when we could have subbed to take back midfield or kept Sweat there and played White as RCB.

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
Can I say point proven that that lineup isn't a cup winning lineup yet or am I still crazy and this against torontos b squad.
Uh no, you can't, because that wasn't our 1st team without Wallace, and the team out there danced around Toronto until they were gassed and Vieira failed to properly sub players on. If the guy deputized for Wallace (TMac) actually scored from 3ft away, game over. If the ref called the PK for Maxi's foul in the box, game over. The 1st team played a winning game - the coach lost it tonight.

Reactions: WalkenTall27
Vieira's in-game management is on a par with Field Marshal Montgomery. My god. There has to be someone within CFG who can stage an intervention here.

Also, is there any reason why RJ Allen suddenly got promoted to the starting XI? He offers very little, and often subtracts a lot more.
RJ made some really solid offensive contributions in the first half. He is a much better offensive RB than White and put Harrison in dangerous positions at least twice in the first half.

Also the fucker loves a nutmeg like no one else.

Reactions: Ulrich