WC Qualifiers - 2022

Working from home today. Thank you ESPN+ for allowing 4 matches to be viewed at once. Senegal-Egypt, Nigeria-Ghana, Poland-Sweden, Portugal-North Macedonia. Football is life.
I know exactly the feeling, was thinking the same thing LOL

the lasers in the senegal egypt game are ridiculous. i know there isn't much they can do about it but it's just as bad as throwing shit on the field to me.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Ghana Qualifies over Nigeria
Egypt and Senegal are in extra time
Poland and Sweden are scoreless
Portugal upon N. Macedonia

Alex Callens and Peru can qualify for the Intercontinental Playoff tonight at 7:30. A win gets it for them.

the lasers in the senegal egypt game are ridiculous. i know there isn't much they can do about it but it's just as bad as throwing shit on the field to me.

If you can stop games and impose limited capacity penalties for chants you can and should do it for throwing things or lasers.

I've heard some commentary also on Twitter about the laser pointers but didn't realize just how ridiculous the laser pointers have been until I turned it on and saw for myself. Holy hell.

I've heard some commentary also on Twitter about the laser pointers but didn't realize just how ridiculous the laser pointers have been until I turned it on and saw for myself. Holy hell.
Same. After M moogoo posted I switched from the Poland Sweden game for about 20 seconds and it was absurd. I've no idea what the regs are but I'm pretty sure the primary responsibility of game officials is the safety of players and I'm serious. Stop the game, and put forfeit on the table.

Same. After M moogoo posted I switched from the Poland Sweden game for about 20 seconds and it was absurd. I've no idea what the regs are but I'm pretty sure the primary responsibility of game officials is the safety of players and I'm serious. Stop the game, and put forfeit on the table.

yea it is ridiculous. they should have stopped the game and made an announcement. having to take/save a PK with all those flickering lights in your face has gotta be distracting. not very sportsmanlike. shame.

With some of the camera angles from the PK shootout, you could at times, identify certain individuals as ones with laser pointers.

ETA: If I'm an Egyptian player, I'm going down to the ground as soon as a laser pointer hits my eye. Make them do something about it. (Obviously easier said than done from my perspective)

With some of the camera angles from the PK shootout, you could at times, identify certain individuals as ones with laser pointers.

yea i noticed that. you could definitely identify section, row... not sure if the cameras are good enough to pick up actual faces. it would still be a task to identify these people. as mgarbowski said, they should immediately stop the game like they do for racist chants and make an announcement and bring forfeiture in for additional disruptions and violations.

can you imagine the headlines if senegal were eliminated from going to the world cup cause their fans wouldn't stop with laser pointing?

yea i noticed that. you could definitely identify section, row... not sure if the cameras are good enough to pick up actual faces. it would still be a task to identify these people. as mgarbowski said, they should immediately stop the game like they do for racist chants and make an announcement and bring forfeiture in for additional disruptions and violations.

can you imagine the headlines if senegal were eliminated from going to the world cup cause their fans wouldn't stop with laser pointing?
Honestly, I almost think they should be eliminated. This wasn't one or two people with laser pointers. This appeared to be a coordinated attempt with a ridiculous number of laser pointers in players' eyes.

ETA: But also if they never warned the fans about it, then I don't really think you could DQ them.

Reactions: moogoo
Honestly, I almost think they should be eliminated. This wasn't one or two people with laser pointers. This appeared to be a coordinated attempt with a ridiculous number of laser pointers in players' eyes.

ETA: But also if they never warned the fans about it, then I don't really think you could DQ them.

Yea I was surprised they didn't even make a single announcement. I'm surprised the egyptian coach didn't say something at half time or something.

Peru 2-0……almost in (45mins)

with this result Colombia is out who is 1-0 with Venezuela

Qualified
Brazil
Argentina
Ecuador

Fighting for a 0.5 spot (vs winner of Solomon Island v. New Zealand)

Peru (Callens)
Colombia
Chile

Is Callens and Johnson our only players going to WC?
Uruguay also qualified.

Also, Peru will face against the winner of Australia vs UAE.

was watching ESPN and they were talking about the lasers in the senegal game. the pundit said it's payback to egypt cause this is what they do all the time in north africa so they are used to it.

guess that explains why none of the players/coaches even tried to complain about it.