2017 Roster Discussion

Nope. Just surprised a player would post on a forum site, especially about himself.

Well I guess now the intern will report him to Vieira...
Not sure exactly when he started posting there, but he was in europe, and he didn't make himself known with his username. Over a long period of time, other posters finally figured out it was him. And I don't believe he posted only on his own forum - pretty sure he commented across the spectrum.

Reactions: Kjbert
Not sure exactly when he started posting there, but he was in europe, and he didn't make himself known with his username. Over a long period of time, other posters finally figured out it was him. And I don't believe he posted only on his own forum - pretty sure he commented across the spectrum.

He's an interesting guy. Sad things don't seem to have worked here with NYCFC.

Would love to see us take a similar approach to this upcoming offseason as opposed to our previous offseason. I think Vieria has brought in and developed a great young core on this season. Players like matarrita, harrison, Lopez and even Shelton has made our team younger and faster.

I hope PV continues to bring in young talent so we have a chance to find another diamond in the rough a la matarrita. Wouldn't mind us bringing in a couple young RB or a young striker and goalie.

As for potential DPs, if lampard does leave or restructure his contract, would love for us to bring a fresh winger to the team (Honda!), or a striker or CAM

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Be very interested to see what's gonna happen with the DP situation, will Villa, Lampard, Pirlo give up some money to enable the likes of Casillas, Torres sign as a DP, could Torres and Casillas be willing to sign non DP contracts, if you look at the Galaxy and the amount of ex international stars they managed to get you think their a possibility of this being pulled off, could their be a extra DP allocated to teams aswell

Regarding the Mix situation, footballers are still humans end of the day, I wouldn't really condone footballers using social media due to the "trolls" out-doing the "normal" users these days, every conversation turns into a verbal war, it's just sad to see him become a after thought by NYCFC, he much of done something really bad to get this punishment

I wonder what the interest in Mataritta will be from foreign clubs. I couldn't find when his contract expires but I don't think we'll be able to keep him when it does. Therefore, we'll have to sell him before it expires (like Miazga with Red Bull).

Reactions: Kjbert and shane88
I am a bit foggy on the details but didn't Mix and his father who may have also been his agent at the time block a move to Columbus because he didn't want to live there? He may refuse to go to Minnesota or any other smaller city teams.
On this topic, is it possible that all/any of the Mix issues originate with dear old dad? I know we are back to wild conjecture here, but is it any less plausible than anything else we've discussed that while Mix puts on a happy face, his dad is behind the scenes demanding and pissing people off? Could that explain that Mix seemed to have issues with both Kreis and PV?

Damnit! I just need something to believe in!!!

I wonder what the interest in Mataritta will be from foreign clubs. I couldn't find when his contract expires but I don't think we'll be able to keep him when it does. Therefore, we'll have to sell him before it expires (like Miazga with Red Bull).

Don't forget that we had to agree to a sell on clause when we signed him from his former CR club. Depending on the terms of that agreement if it looks like we would get a minimal amount of the transfer fee maybe we do keep him for his full contract and let him walk.

On this topic, is it possible that all/any of the Mix issues originate with dear old dad? I know we are back to wild conjecture here, but is it any less plausible than anything else we've discussed that while Mix puts on a happy face, his dad is behind the scenes demanding and pissing people off? Could that explain that Mix seemed to have issues with both Kreis and PV?

Damnit! I just need something to believe in!!!

Seems less plausible since Mix has a different agent now and it's been a really long time since we have heard anything about his Dad. But with a situation this weird and all sides staying quiet just about anything is up for speculation.

The whole Mix situation is probably the most interesting scandal to come out of this team so far. Poku makes sense now after the fact (even in the documentary they mentioned his ability in short bursts but lacking in full 90 stamina). Negotiations with Miami were likely ongoing for a while this year so he never made the 18. But ever since the xfer window closed I have no idea why Mix wouldn't be in every 18. For someone who was so vocal on forums before/during his Rosenborg exit, he's been silent and just smiles on instagram. It's hard to believe we don't have a shred of info on it.

most interesting scandal to come out of this team

Well I think Lampardgate still holds first place in that category. But Mix's situation is more odd. MCFC needed Lampard, they decided to "extend his loan" even though his contract was with CFG and not NYCFC (or MLS for that matter). Eventually the news was revealed and fans complained. Mix's situation and exclusion is more odd. No reason given and we likely won't hear anything anytime soon.

My guess is near-zero at his full salary charge, but significantly more likely if NYCFC covers a significant part of the costs.

In a sport where the domestic league is essentially they universe of players, I could imagine an expansion team taking a guy like Mix, even if he is overpriced relative to performance because there aren't a lot of other alternatives. But, in soccer where the potential player pool is global, I can't see why they would absorb the full $750k.

If I had to guess, a return to Europe still feels a lot more feasible, though the unknowable piece is whether he personally wants to do it.

Right to Negotiate: Atlanta and Minnesota will have the right to renegotiate a drafted player’s salary (either up or down) without having to place such player on waivers or giving his previous Club a right of first refusal.
http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/2016-expansion-draft-rules-and-regulations

Right to Negotiate: Atlanta and Minnesota will have the right to renegotiate a drafted player’s salary (either up or down) without having to place such player on waivers or giving his previous Club a right of first refusal.
http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/2016-expansion-draft-rules-and-regulations

Interesting, but what does this really mean. I think it just means that if the expansion clubs want to cut a new deal, they can do so, but certainly a player with a contract doesn't have to accept the terms.

Interesting, but what does this really mean. I think it just means that if the expansion clubs want to cut a new deal, they can do so, but certainly a player with a contract doesn't have to accept the terms.

FWIW that rule was in effect for the 2014 draft as well. http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/2014-expansion-draft-rules.

Another interesting one:

If a Player has a no-trade clause in his contract, his MLS Club must protect him and he will count as one of the 11 Players who may be protected.
Bet you Mix has one. Lack of control in a typical MLS contract was part of why he didn't go to Portland a couple of years before the Columbus rumor even started.

Another interesting one:

If a Player has a no-trade clause in his contract, his MLS Club must protect him and he will count as one of the 11 Players who may be protected.

giphy.gif

Bet you Mix has one. Lack of control in a typical MLS contract was part of why he didn't go to Portland a couple of years before the Columbus rumor even started.

giphy.gif

My guess is near-zero at his full salary charge, but significantly more likely if NYCFC covers a significant part of the costs.

In a sport where the domestic league is essentially they universe of players, I could imagine an expansion team taking a guy like Mix, even if he is overpriced relative to performance because there aren't a lot of other alternatives. But, in soccer where the potential player pool is global, I can't see why they would absorb the full $750k.

If I had to guess, a return to Europe still feels a lot more feasible, though the unknowable piece is whether he personally wants to do it.

I'm going to go with a negative on that ghost rider, NYCFC will not cover costs whatever we do. The biggest problem with Mix is the high percent of our salary cap and GAM that he takes up. Assuming that MLS hasn't changed the rules on me, again, it is my understanding that whatever we're paying Mix if he's on another team will be charged against our salary cap.

Mix is literally our 4th highest paid player and doesn't even ride the pine. Unless we trade him he is prime materiel for us to use our one singular no penalty cut on. He is paid too much and does too little. Remember max charge players distort the hell out of your cap structure, they need to be high impact players in order for them to be even slightly justified.

Oh don't forget, we need to pay Tmac this offseason. He's on like $62,500 or something. Last year Saunders jumped from 50k to 150k. I have trouble seeing us keep tmac around if we're not getting up into the 200k range for him.

I'd expect to see Hernandez go this year. He's a squad playing making a lock in starters salary at over 200k.

Personally I'd expect us to maybe get an EDS guy for our backline. Its still horrible and has had a lot of work put into it.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and adam