2017 Roster Discussion

REALLY need Shelton to get healthy ASAP. Any clue if he is close?

We are now without Matarrita and Camargo for the season. Very little depth out wide

Miguel Camargo is done for the year. Hip fracture.
Jonathan Lewis, meet trial by fire now (please). And add a wing to the must have summer list.
That really sucks.... especially after playing so well and seemingly impressing PV.

He's here on loan, and I'm guessing we have the typical MLS option to buy, but if we don't have the option and/or PV doesn't want him for next year, is it possible to cancel the loan and get the cap relief/space?

If the loan is recalled now, do we get salary relief for half of his wages?
I wondered the same thing, but I have the feeling his home club would say: no way, he got hurt on your watch - you pay to get him healthy. Granted, it happened on the NT watch, so everybody is getting screwed.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
It's a push and a foul, but nothing dirty in it. His leg landed awkwardly and caught in the turf. Bad luck. Looks like he can get back for next year.

Not sure of your definition of noncontact. But, ouch
I think it has to be like a tackle or a direct impact that causes the injury.

They bumped into each other (it wasn't a foul) so in my eyes it's non contact. Looks like he just hyperextended it. But what do I know, I'm not an orthopedist nor do I specialize in grammar!

I think it has to be like a tackle or a direct impact that causes the injury.

They bumped into each other (it wasn't a foul) so in my eyes it's non contact. Looks like he just hyperextended it. But what do I know, I'm not an orthopedist nor do I specialize in grammar!

he uses his forearm to push him from behind thats what launches him forward like that. in my opinion its a foul

ETA: i think the foul was intentional but i dont think there was any intent to injure and that it was just unfortunate.

he uses his forearm to push him from behind thats what launches him forward like that
Huh according to the NIH, ANY contact with a player counts, so you guys are right.
giphy.gif

Huh according to the NIH, ANY contact with a player counts, so you guys are right.
giphy.gif
I was just teasing you dude, Looks to me like his knee locked driving all the force right through his femur. Probably broke the femoral neck. Thats like a car accident type of injury. Brutal. Sucks for him.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
I honestly don't think it's smart to spend GAM or TAM money to fill in the holes of our roster for this season. We're not going to win MLS Cup and that's the goal. Don't make any rash signings this season, save the allocation money for the offseason.

I honestly don't think it's smart to spend GAM or TAM money to fill in the holes of our roster for this season. We're not going to win MLS Cup and that's the goal. Don't make any rash signings this season, save the allocation money for the offseason.

As much as I hate to say it I agree with you. PV likes to shoot himself in the foot way too often for us to win the cup, and Toronto is the real deal.

Reactions: sundance