2018 MLS Jersey Thread

Portland Secondary

portland_jerseys.png
Nice and simple kit, Portland has a nice away kit the next two years. I'm just happy they gave Portland a white kit instead of having a double of one green kit and one red/black kit. Annoyed the hell out of me they didn't have a contrasting light / dark home / away combo. Good for them.

Only thing is the green stripe on the v-neck doesn't fully come together to a point... interesting.

Last edited:
I really dislike the cut of the bottom on this year’s set.

Oh god, I didn't even notice that when it was first released. People are complaining about the neckline. I think it's fine. It's also the style they will be using this see (see our training kits). But that bottom style is terrible. Unless it's tucked in (a la Frank Lampard), it's going to look terrible wearing around casually on game days.

Reactions: Kjbert
Oh god, I didn't even notice that when it was first released. People are complaining about the neckline. I think it's fine. It's also the style they will be using this see (see our training kits). But that bottom style is terrible. Unless it's tucked in (a la Frank Lampard), it's going to look terrible wearing around casually on game days.

I think it will look great on a girl borrowing it for a nightgown.

Yeah they look suuuuuuper long. The collars of the jerseys released/leaked so far have been different. I'm still holding out for the crew/button up that DC United got!

I really dislike the cut of the bottom on this year’s set.
I think that cut is just on the authentic versions of the kit, I believe replicas will still be straight across with no curve. Only reason I say this is due to other adidas kits just released for the WC (replica-left, authentic-right):
50001-001.jpg
50007-001.jpg

Kind of curious if players asked for this, or adidas just wants to mix it up. Most players have their kits untucked, and I don't think attacking players will enjoy the extra material for defenders to grab once they juke around them. May also look like nightgowns as adam adam noted

I think that cut is just on the authentic versions of the kit, I believe replicas will still be straight across with no curve. Only reason I say this is due to other adidas kits just released for the WC (replica-left, authentic-right):
50001-001.jpg
50007-001.jpg

Kind of curious if players asked for this, or adidas just wants to mix it up. Most players have their kits untucked, and I don't think attacking players will enjoy the extra material for defenders to grab once they juke around them. May also look like nightgowns as adam adam noted
Make the replicas the curved-crap and that’s the biggest selling point for those on the fence to get the authentic. If only the authentic, then there could be a bigger number stepping down to purchase the replica.

Reactions: Schwallacus
50001-001.jpg
50007-001.jpg

If those bottom edges could be considered “corners”, they can also be used for the Jewish undergarment tzitzit.

404C33B2-5712-4FF9-9648-F4DB8B5D3EF1.jpeg

Possible Vancouver leak. Looks like we won’t be the only grey and white kit this year.

mu06u3loa8d01.jpg
Man, with the move to grey/Black, the league is getting predictable. All the more reason to have 3rd jerseys.

This feels like when every ncaa football team decided they needed black as part of their colors even if never had it before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schwallacus
Possible Vancouver leak. Looks like we won’t be the only grey and white kit this year.

mu06u3loa8d01.jpg

This is the "Oh shit, we forgot that Vancouver is in the MLS again. Crap we already did the raindrop graphic. Uh, let have no time, just do it black and white" design.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Can we all pass the hat and get Philly a less embarrassing sponsor?

Being down here, I've noticed a number of different companies that stand out. In the food space alone, Entemann's is like the best thing going. Aramark is huge here. Comcast. Beneficial Bank. Jefferson Health. Penn Health.

Bimbo is like the 75th best sponsor opportunity down here.

Being down here, I've noticed a number of different companies that stand out. In the food space alone, Entemann's is like the best thing going. Aramark is huge here. Comcast. Beneficial Bank. Jefferson Health. Penn Health.

Wasn’t Bimbo a league sponsor at one point? Probably has something to do with it

Answered your own question, sort of. Bimbo distributes Entenmann's.