Columbus - Postmatch

It's getting very frustrating seeing these personnel choices by Dome. Everyone knows Tommy and Rodney are going to be blackholes going forward. How many times does he need to play them to see that? Every fan that got the lineup tweet slapped their head and said "shit, not this again." How does our coach not get that?

It's getting very frustrating seeing these personnel choices by Dome. Everyone knows Tommy and Rodney are going to be blackholes going forward. How many times does he need to play them to see that? Every fan that got the lineup tweet slapped their head and said "shit, not this again." How does our coach not get that?
I’d rather see the kids play than those two or Mata. TMac is utter garbage never wanting to pass the ball forward - Ring was screaming at him after TM screwed him rather than carrying it forward.

Reactions: gbservis
I think Lewis created / had a chance on every touch once he came in. The fact that PV and now Dome have straight up refused to give him a start (especially with 3 games in quick succession) has me livid. How does a person who does this for a living not see that he's a more dangerous option than f@cking Wallace? Done with this. Hoping the oil gods get fed up ahead of next season and punish us with money.

With how bad they've played on the road this year (and in the playoffs historically), maybe it's a good idea to get the 3rd or 4th seed and play a knockout and hopefully the first game of the semifinals at home?

Edit: assuming they make the playoffs at this rate.

Low effort all around. Tinnerholm, TMac, Mata, Wallace all non-existent, other than when TMac got in Villa's way.

Wallace played well in 2 of his first 3 matches last year and has been a zero to slightly negative ever since.

Dome has to take a fair share of the blame.

Outshot 24-7.

Nothing else mattered.

The Meram return vastly improved Columbus over earlier this year. Credit to the Crew.

Luckily we have a REAL garbage opponent up next.

With injuries and Internationals, rosters are gonna get interesting for the next couple of matches.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Do we really have a corner routine designed to set up volleys from the top of the arc for Alex Ring, noted skyer of shots? Or did that go super wrong?

The problem with trying to have TMac be your whole midfield is that you can't task him with *both* "make yourself available, play the simple pass" *and* "don't lose track of Justin Meram".

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I’d rather see the kids play than those two or Mata. TMac is utter garbage never wanting to pass the ball forward - Ring was screaming at him after TM screwed him rather than carrying it forward.

I swear to God TMac is trying to find space on the field where he doesn't need to be involved in live play.

I don't know if I've ever seen a player more scared trying to make a play, either offensively or defensively, in my life.

Reactions: The Toe and Ulrich
Yeah, criticizing NYCFC right now is so unfair.

Really, how the hell can you take issue with what Doyle wrote right now?
Ha! I’m blocked by the person Doyle is quoting. WTF?!? Never even commented on them before.

Anybody have a guess why Lewis didn’t win the handball in the box? Defender’s hand deflected the ball 90 degrees from the direction Lewis headed it.

Reactions: gbservis