Columbus - Postmatch

No one wants to talk about Sweat being a disaster artist again?

He was by no means the worst. But he was certainly plenty terrible.

I’m glad I’m emotionally checked out these days. Otherwise, I’d be annoyed.

I wrote this season off when we didn’t buy either of the positions we all knew we needed.

We are really poor for a long time now. So nothing new to complain about. Should be a quick and merciful death come playoff time.

No one wants to talk about Sweat being a disaster artist again?

He was by no means the worst. But he was certainly plenty terrible.

I’m glad I’m emotionally checked out these days. Otherwise, I’d be annoyed.

I wrote this season off when we didn’t buy either of the positions we all knew we needed.

We are really poor for a long time now. So nothing new to complain about. Should be a quick and merciful death come playoff time.
Seriously, list what was so bad about him? Why call him out when others were worse, it’s like you have a hard on for the guy to mention him when you then admit he’s not the worst. Neither goal was his fault. He had zero help from Mata and still held down the left side. Tinny was way worse on the right, got sliced apart by Meram.

We started Wallace and Tmac and subbed off both of them by the 67th. Wallace at the half.
Lewis not making the next 11 will be criminal and I will refuse to watch another second of this club playing.
How those two are still professional footballers blows my mind. We free up $500k with them gone next year right?

What a garbage performance that was. This team really needs to figure out its road issues, or this is going to be a really quick postseason for us.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Putting Rodney Wallace on a soccer field is a stupid decision. Dome is stupid.

I have that college football feeling now, where you just lost your second game and whatever slim hope you were holding onto to win the championship is now gone. This team isn't winning shit.

Reactions: The Toe and Ulrich
Is anyone really surprised with this result when T-Mac & Wallace are in the starting 11??

This isn't a championship team at all right now. Too many question marks.

Villa, Berget, Isi, Ring, Herrera, Moralez, ? at LB, Chanot, Callens, Tinnerholm, Johnson is a MLS Cup caliber winning lineup.

With Lewis, Medina, Ofori as support.

We don't have a lot of those guys at 100% at the moment. And Herrera isn't coming back. We don't have a stable core anymore. And our coach either can't deliver the message or isn't delivering the right message.

At least with Vieira we knew what the problems were. With Dome, we don't know what the questions are. Aside from having Wallace and McNamara start MLS matches.

Assistant managers, no matter how successful their teams have been, seldom make good head coaches. Domé might be a brilliant coach in the training, but to lead the team with authority and vision doesn't seem to be his strength. I was a bit suspicious when he was announced, but now I feel he's going to fade away pretty soon.
When a strong manager/head coach goes, you should replace him with someone known for his grit, a coach with authority. Knowledge of the game isn't enough.

Assistant managers, no matter how successful their teams have been, seldom make good head coaches.

giphy.gif

Domé might be a brilliant coach in the training, but to lead the team with authority and vision doesn't seem to be his strength. I was a bit suspicious when he was announced, but now I feel he's going to fade away pretty soon.
When a strong manager/head coach goes, you should replace him with someone known for his grit, a coach with authority. Knowledge of the game isn't enough.

But yeah, I'm starting to get this sinking feeling. Dome is clearly a connoisseur of tactics, we constantly change our formation and tactics on a situational basis - sometimes it works pretty well. But we seem to have lost our identity somewhat since PV left. He hasn't been helped with injuries and suspensions (not to mention some underwhelming summer recruitment), but this team is losing direction at the wrong time. If I had to pick a manager to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and remind them how good they can be, I'd pick Vieira over Dome at this point.

giphy.gif

But yeah, I'm starting to get this sinking feeling. Dome is clearly a connoisseur of tactics, we constantly change our formation and tactics on a situational basis - sometimes it works pretty well. But we seem to have lost our identity somewhat since PV left. He hasn't been helped with injuries and suspensions (not to mention some underwhelming summer recruitment), but this team is losing direction at the wrong time. If I had to pick a manager to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and remind them how good they can be, I'd pick Vieira over Dome at this point.
The same PV that everyone here complained about being unable to get the team motivated for big matchups and knockout games?

Seriously, list what was so bad about him? Why call him out when others were worse, it’s like you have a hard on for the guy to mention him when you then admit he’s not the worst. Neither goal was his fault. He had zero help from Mata and still held down the left side. Tinny was way worse on the right, got sliced apart by Meram.
It’s bothersome we didn’t address a clear need. Don’t feel like giving the front office a free pass on that.

Reactions: potato134
It’s bothersome we didn’t address a clear need. Don’t feel like giving the front office a free pass on that.
LB is less of a concern than the clear need we have for a manager that can motivate the players, define clear tactics, and identify talent and the lack there of. But none of that has anything to do with your initial post illogically calling out Sweat when there were multiple guys on the team that played worse: Wallace, TMac, Mata, Tinny, Isi save for his freaky goal, and Ring who had a bad match.

You still haven’t provided a list of reasons why Sweat was so bad he had to be called out by name over others you admitted were worse. Hell, Sweat delivered the most bone-crunching tackle of the entire game that had Santos practically in tears, but surely you’ll find fault of some kind in that play.

Reactions: Jock
Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan gets laser focused on specific people based on I would assume is his first impression of a player.
Ben Sweat has provided significantly more value to the team this season than Rodney Wallace has, but the focus from Midas has always been on Ben Sweat. It's kind of weird.