Cosmos postgame

Have Tom and/or I just been made site moderators without knowing it? Or are we just the loudest complainers as of late?

Edited: Just added one in the Supporters Discussion Forum since I don't have privileges in match day.

I saw your icons on the match day page. I guess your threads were just moved there.

Honest question being asked: does the player or the club decide who speaks after games?

I don't know. I would imagine that certain players have the right of first refusal. I would think Mix would fit into that group yesterday.

Your scenario is possible but even if that were the case, he should still be the first post match interview. He was Captain, man. Win, lose, personally upset or not he should have faced us.

I don't know. I would imagine that certain players have the right of first refusal. I would think Mix would fit into that group yesterday.

Your scenario is possible but even if that were the case, he should still be the first post match interview. He was Captain, man. Win, lose, personally upset or not he should have faced us.
He may have wanted to, but if he went off the reservation and was pointing fingers at the coaches, then there's no way the club allows him to talk. None. Remember, CFG likes to control all information disseminated.

Mix cannot be a happy guy these days. One day before the USMNT is in a knock-out game, he's running around with the reserves playing the Cosmos at Forham. And losing.

I'm not sure I have anything to contribute to the debate about what SHOULD happen with him, but it will be very interesting to see what will happen with him this offseason.

Or this summer. I wonder if we could unload him on a transfer overseas this summer. I have to think it's a possibility. It could free up his salary, plus potentially some transfer money, to make a nice signing or two.

Again, I really like Mix, but this stay at NYCFC has not been good for his career so far, so it would not necessarily be cruel to him if he were to leave for another team.

Reactions: adam
Or this summer. I wonder if we could unload him on a transfer overseas this summer. I have to think it's a possibility. It could free up his salary, plus potentially some transfer money, to make a nice signing or two.

Again, I really like Mix, but this stay at NYCFC has not been good for his career so far, so it would not necessarily be cruel to him if he were to leave for another team.
Agreed, I could see this happening. Although if he does leave, I hope he tears it up wherever he lands - just dominates for his team. And if that happens, then I'll know our club is cursed......

I don't mind keeping Mix, I like him, but for somewhere between $50-$100k. What he's making right now, compared to other players with similar salaries is pure lunacy. And it means we can't sign of player of that ilk while he holds hostage that percentage of the cap. It's like paying a safety in the NFL quarterback money. Could he be a great safety? Make impact plays that go unnoticed? Be the heart of the team? All yes. But you can find a similar replacement for much less then the cost of a quarterback. And if you pay him like your quarterback, you wind up with tons of holes that go unfilled and he can't play his position properly with holes in the defense. Sound familiar? It's a trickle down affect, let's hope the club has figured it out too.

I don't mind keeping Mix, I like him, but for somewhere between $50-$100k. What he's making right now, compared to other players with similar salaries is pure lunacy. And it means we can't sign of player of that ilk while he holds hostage that percentage of the cap. It's like paying a safety in the NFL quarterback money. Could he be a great safety? Make impact plays that go unnoticed? Be the heart of the team? All yes. But you can find a similar replacement for much less then the cost of a quarterback. And if you pay him like your quarterback, you wind up with tons of holes that go unfilled and he can't play his position properly with holes in the defense. Sound familiar? It's a trickle down affect, let's hope the club has figured it out too.
Just so we are clear, you think mix is worth less than every player in the league since the league minimum is 60k.

Reactions: joe
Mix is a $300-400K player that will do just fine when he's running the midfield and doesn't have Pirlo and Lampard to contend with. He needs another CM that is also athletic and a decent passer (not a Mikey in a Pirlo/Mikey/Bravo midfield) to go along with the DMid (who is also hopefully a decent passer akin to the upgrade of Iraola over Bravo).

But when paired with Pirlo, Mix is the one doing all of the running and his touches on the ball are far fewer than he should have. Against Toronto, I thought he outplayed Bradley and forced MB to repeatedly foul him.

The skill is there, but if the guys you're passing to are scrubs - Last night Shelton, Mullins, Medhi & Taylor, but add Mendoza or regular nights - then Mix can only do so much beyond making a good pass. Even Poku upended him last night by selfishly taking the ball off his foot once or twice as Mix was going forward.

As mentioned by Gotham Gator Gotham Gator, I wouldn't be surprised if Mix and the club mutually part ways, and I also wouldn't be surprised if he restructures at a lower wage. I think that would be best so that it helps the CAP and he's able to play the midfield without having the team trying to justify the DPs at his position.

Reactions: joe and adam
Just so we are clear, you think mix is worth less than every player in the league since the league minimum is 60k.

No. But I think his VORP (value over replacement player) is not so high that we couldn't find a similar player for around $100,000.

Here's a list of players who generally aren't very good and - because constructive criticism is always best - a list of things that those players are better than:

Diego Martinez (better than Jeb Brovsky)

Shannon Gomez (the ghost of Josh Williams)

Eirik Johansen (maybe, possibly Josh Saunders? Anyone who says they know for sure is lying)

Jefferson Mena (playing a wacky waving inflatable tube man at CB)

Ethan White (Jack Black)

Patrick Mullins (unexpectedly losing your job)

Kwadwo Poku in midfield (SUPER Frank Lampard)

Mehdi Ballouchy (Ned Grabavoy with > three broken toes)

Mix Diskerud (Mikey Lopez, assuming Mikey Lopez is also paid $761,000 a year)

Mikey Lopez (Mix Diskerud, who has just withdrawn $761,000 from your checking account)

Khiry Shelton (unexpectedly losing your job, and then being shot into the sun)

Good game guys! Can't wait for Saturday.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan and adam