Home - 8/22 New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't play guess the lineup, or even comment on people's suggestions. And I recognize nobody's put out a full lineup yet. But I'm seeing suggestions of Ofori for LB and I have trouble seeing how that works with the current set of pieces, specifically missing Callens and Medina and maybe Castellanos. With all that having to be adjusted for, I don't like pulling Ofori out of his role as Herrera replacement and creating another hole. I'd sooner go for Lewis at LB as has been suggested, or just keep Sweat. I fear if we move Ofori and replace him presumably with Amagat, the central midfield just gets even softer on defense. This even moreso considering Ring's mysterious subpar play lately.

We also seem quite short of depth on defense, both the back line and midfield. I would not be surprised to see Sands recalled and/or Scally in the 18, but I fear Awuah will fill some role.

Last edited:
My firm is having their second annual NYCFC night. About 30 or 40 people from my work are going to this game. For many it will be their first or second game ever.
That’s impressive your company picked Soccer as the outing and not baseball (which is what most HR depts pick).

They do both, actually.

And, our company has worked for NYCFC, so... ;)
As long as your company doesn’t provide them with fundamentals & work flow regarding Central American scouting or workplace discipline?

Reactions: Kenny
--------Villa
Isi---------------Lewis
----Maxi
------------Ring
-----Ofori
Sweat-----------Tinny
----Ib----Chanot
-------SJ

Please dear god
Both CB’s play the right side, and the one time they’ve been on the field together in a back four, Chanot went left.

Although if Chanot stays on the right, they could shift easily to a back 3 with Tinny either inverted or a wide mid, with Chanot distributing on the right (Sweat on the left) and Ibeagha just clearing from the middle.

Reactions: dummyrun
So at least RBNJ played a first choice lineup and BWP went 90 and Murillo is suspended, and they are traveling back from Vancouver...

...who cares. Gonna get rolled anyway.
So many people on here said the exact same thing before the last RB game and we won 1-0. And we came off of a disappointing loss to Chicago that everyone felt doomed the team. AND we were missing our entire front, and had to play tmac and wallace. Don't give up that easily.

So at least RBNJ played a first choice lineup and BWP went 90 and Murillo is suspended, and they are traveling back from Vancouver...

...who cares. Gonna get rolled anyway.
So many people on here said the exact same thing before the last RB game and we won 1-0. And we came off of a disappointing loss to Chicago that everyone felt doomed the team. AND we were missing our entire front, and had to play tmac and wallace. Don't give up that easily.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.