Home - Orlando 05/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orlando is limping into this game with 2 key players hurt, 2 key players suspended, and their best player called up for the Copa America. That said, they still have Cyle Larin, who can put 1-2 in easily and has killed us every time we've played. Larin is all they needed last time, so we need to stick to him like glue and finish our chances.

Here is my guess for what we see on Sunday.

image.jpeg

Coach V has said that I❤️Lamp and Mumsy are still not fit to go the full 90, so I expect we will only see them in the 18. Martinez is an option at LB, but there have been rumors of a slight knock and in any event, I think sliding RJ over and bringing in Iralola are better bets.

View attachment 4977

Coach V has said that I❤️Lamp and Mumsy are still not fit to go the full 90, so I expect we will only see them in the 18. Martinez is an option at LB, but there have been rumors of a slight knock and in any event, I think sliding RJ over and bringing in Iralola are better bets.

I can't talk myself into believing that Vieira will drop Saunders this week, and I totally agree with your lineup, but would really like to see some shakeup after 7-0. Hernandez has played every game so far, and is a shitty passer. These are 33(?) year old guys who have played in MLS their entire lives, you are not going to teach them how to play out of the back.

View attachment 4977

My preference would be to replace Shelton with Harrison, but agree with your assessment based on PV's reported remarks.

You're going to give people Jacobson flashbacks with that 6 Train.

We were looking at 0 points at home if Kaka was playing. I watch all O-City matches (I live in Miami). He is in top form right now (with the exeption of botching a PK).

It will still be a tough game and O-City loves to ramp it up the last 5 minutes of the game.

True, but you have to admit that 6 Train works better.

Unlike the 4 Train, the 6 is a local. It makes all the stops.
Full disclosure, I mis-remembered and thought AJ wore #6 as well.

I like that your extension of the metaphor works, but now I kind of want the 6 Train to be our Sword of the Morning.

Full disclosure, I mis-remembered and thought AJ wore #6 as well.

I like that your extension of the metaphor works, but now I kind of want the 6 Train to be our Sword of the Morning.
The Sword is a dream wish, but I'd be content with some wildfire to hurl and crisp the midfield....

Reactions: joe
Hey watch it, buddy. 6 train enthusiast here. Though, I resent the remarks that the 6 train makes all the stops, because that is false.
It made me a little twitchy to say a local train was better than an express.

Although they obviously are used to the warm weather, a steamy game for Otown on short rest could be a factor. It could also affect our elderly players.

Reactions: Ulrich
Although they obviously are used to the warm weather, a steamy game for Otown on short rest could be a factor. It could also affect our elderly players.
I was in Jax last week and went for a run and nearly died in the heat/humidity. If Sunday is anything like that, and I was running at 8am and not late afternoon, then we can expect ref-mandated water breaks and some defibrillator action. Get the first goal and make them go searching....

And btw, the two seats I'm looking to get rid of are covered and out of the sun.... Just saying...

Reactions: JayH
Status
Not open for further replies.