Home - Orlando 05/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
It made me a little twitchy to say a local train was better than an express.

I would love to name someone after an express train. But, it would have to be one of our fast, aggressive attackers, and none of them have numbers or letters that work.

Reactions: joe
If I don't see all 11 starters seriously fired up and giving it 100% with their first touches and tackles*, I will be seriously pissed. They owe it to us.

Us, on the other hand, owe it to them to get 100% behind the team and shout and chant louder and harder than before. We both need to put the debacle behind us.

Onward and upward!
NYCFC!!

*(thankfully, Mikey's not starting otherwise we could/would see a red in the first minute)

Bumping this. We need to be that 100% fan.

Like my 2007 SB Champs the NY Giants said... Resiliency, the ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change... my NYCFC will redeem themselves this Sunday.

Reactions: JayH and Sabo
yeah but all we had to do then was beat the New England Bradys.

Like my 2007 SB Champs the NY Giants said... Resiliency, the ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change... my NYCFC will redeem themselves this Sunday.

usatsi_9227497_168381069_lowres.jpg

1250991947631.jpg

I really want a game with no goals conceded outside the regular run of play. No set plays, no weird flukes, no giveaways inside our own box. Just one game at home like that would be a refreshing change.
I just want one game without Saunders in net. No charging out into no-man's land, no bungled passes, no kicks out of bounds, no punches, no shitty positioning. Just one game without him would be a refreshing change.

Reactions: BxLio91 and S1ARK5
Game preview by the numbers:

Seems like NYCFC should hold possession and get a lot of shots on goal, scoring several. Orlando is no defensive powerhouse (average tackles/interceptions) and gets below average shots on goal, but has really made them count so far and are 2nd in the league in scoring. As usual, it may come down to the quality of the keepers.

Prediction: NYCFC 3 - 1 Orlando City SC
EDIT: Didn't realize Kaka won't be there. I mean, we really should be able to win handily, no? Let's make up 2-4 goals in that goal differential! 3-0? 4-1? 4-0?

• NYCFC is still 1st in the league in possession (55%), while Orlando is middle of the pack at 11th (49%).
  • NYCFC is 1st in shots/game and 5th in shots on goal. Orlando is an awful 18th in the league in shots conceded per game, but somewhat make up for it with above average goalkeeping (7th in saves per shot conceded).
  • Orlando is almost exactly average in tackles and interceptions.
  • Both teams give up a lot of goals (this includes the Red Bull Wedding, of course)
  • Mercifully, Orlando doesn't tend to score off set pieces! (although they're better than NYCFC in that area...). They've also yet to score off a counter.
  • Interestingly, Orlando is average or slightly below average in shots per game and SOG%, but are 2nd in the league in goals scored per game at 1.8... aside from benefitting from an own goal, this might suggest they've just been luckier than average in their shots-on-goal getting past the keeper?
vs Orlando 1 5-29-16.png
vs Orlando 2 5-29-16.png

Last edited:
Two tickets in Section 206 secured. And if anyone gives a fat rats ass, this morning my Ticketmaster account finally got around to changing from that new look monstrosity back to the original format.
I'm in 205. Enjoy the seats! I wanna hear some good chicken bucket.

Reactions: Gene
Jack Harrison is a heat beater. I expect a large dose.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I don't know if it's still a hangover from last week, but usually on game days I have enough to do to keep myself occupied before heading up to the Bronx. Today has been dragging for some reason.

Think I'll head out. ;)

Reactions: Ulrich
Status
Not open for further replies.