MLS - April 6 - Atlanta (Home - CF)

I think it would be better if Ilenic kept his crosses on the ground rather than ballooning in the air.

Also, fuck Brad Guzan.

• Haha
Reactions: KevinJRogers
It could have been worse. ATL had a number of clear chances, and we rarely put them against the ropes. For me, the Bakrar situation is more sad than infuriating, because he really works his ass off. He created several half-chances just out of sheer effort. Same for Santi. But the rest of the team doesn't have the same intensity. Most are looking just mediocre, but one that is really really bad is Risa. I think that he's going to disappoint us more than Bakrar in the long run. Both Lobjanidze and Lennon ran by him several times finding no resistance whatsoever. He's a really weak defender. Gray's crosses are an aberration.

Three goals from open play in 7 games.
Nick Cushing Masterclass.

Why are we fucking keeping him?!?!? Seriously? I screamed at Sims “11 points in 5 home games or make a decision.” Maybe I should have been more clear. Cushing isn’t making this club better.

Reactions: BxLio91 and BC19
Lee is just as culpable as Cushing for this abomination. He’s assembled this roster. Every team we’ve played, with the exception of Charlotte, has more impactful players. They both need to go together.

A quality MLS team wins this 1-0. A bad MLS team drops points and ties and/or loses this game.

We know what type of team NYCFC is.

Lee is just as culpable as Cushing for this abomination. He’s assembled this roster. Every team we’ve played, with the exception of Charlotte, has more impactful players. They both need to go together.
In fact, Lee is even more culpable than Cushing for this roster. The only wild card is how culpable CFG is for driving this young unproven assets only policy. It’s a horribly selfish blue print at this point.

On paper it’s a great idea to assemble a young squad and build for the future

In reality with these tactics and game management it’s going to have them doubting their ability and becoming negative and looking for a way out

I feel bad for Bakrar, because he is clearly trying, but he is the opposite of clinical and needs to be benched. But, wait, his backup is having visa problems in Serbia! Great work, David Lee!

Santi and Freese are carrying this team right now. I'm still seeing the regression of Keaton and James Sands, which is one of my main issues with Nick Cushing. He doesn't improve players. Tayvon is no better than he was in 2021.

It feels like we are just jogging slowly on a treadmill going nowhere.

Unrelated, the prices at Citi (food, beverages and the club shop) are insane.