Now Accepting New Members Online!

Hey guys,

Do you have a membership question? Maybe I can help. If not, I will send you to someone or I will get the answer and come back to you.

What's up?

Reactions: einwindir
Hey guys,

Do you have a membership question? Maybe I can help. If not, I will send you to someone or I will get the answer and come back to you.

What's up?
Not a membership question - more of a request: can the TR provide updates to the members that can't attend a meeting? I saw someone on FB ask for details about the meeting before the Superdraft and received no response. I've said this in another thread, but the lack of communication has been frustrating.

Reactions: einwindir
Not a membership question - more of a request: can the TR provide updates to the members that can't attend a meeting? I saw someone on FB ask for details about the meeting before the Superdraft and received no response. I've said this in another thread, but the lack of communication has been frustrating.
I agree that our communication has been lacking to say the least. We are trying to fix these issues. We will most certainly try to provide an agenda and a recap of these meetings.

How would you like us to provide this information? Should it be posted to various sites or should it be sent out as part of the newsletter?

Anyone here want to volunteer to take notes and minutes and send them out? All applicants welcome.

I couldn't stay in that Facebook group. Very, very Bro-ish.
Couldn't say what in the facebook group? We are open to all constructive criticism. We are trying to fix our communication issues and become more transparent. Please be patient with us. We are trying.

Reactions: LostAnvil
The NYCFC fan page or the TR one?

Couldn't say what in the facebook group? We are open to all constructive criticism. We are trying to fix our communication issues and become more transparent. Please be patient with us. We are trying.
The closed-entry Third Rail Facebook group. I'm not a prude, but there was some really offensive stuff there. Just reflected the general "Bro Out" aspect of supporter culture that grosses me out. I don't think I'm the only one who was made uncomfortable by it either.

And BToto920 BToto920, I said "stay", not say. I left the group because some of the conversation was pretty rough.

The closed-entry Third Rail Facebook group. I'm not a prude, but there was some really offensive stuff there. Just reflected the general "Bro Out" aspect of supporter culture that grosses me out. I don't think I'm the only one who was made uncomfortable by it either.

And BToto920 BToto920, I said "stay", not say. I left the group because some of the conversation was pretty rough.
Sorry. I misread your post.

We are working very hard to clean up that group. You aren't the only person to be offended by some things that are being posted there. We have added a few new admins into the group and will be presenting a code of conduct shortly. People will be kicked out of the group if they do not follow those rules.

Again, we know we have made mistakes in the past and are putting measures in place to improve.

Sorry. I misread your post.

We are working very hard to clean up that group. You aren't the only person to be offended by some things that are being posted there. We have added a few new admins into the group and will be presenting a code of conduct shortly. People will be kicked out of the group if they do not follow those rules.
No worries. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm glad to hear that's happening.

There's a lot of people here who are not in TR but have an interest in the success and growth of it and would love to know what's going on. Let's be honest until you just posted there hasn't been activity in 3 months.
There's 1,000+ members here and it's a great opportunity for you guys to recruit members as well.

How would you like us to provide this information? Should it be posted to various sites or should it be sent out as part of the newsletter?

I'm inclined to say that a newsletter format might be best, just because some users might not be on FB and/or Twitter, but I know some people get enough emails as is and might not welcome any more - maybe have a poll to see what form members would prefer.

As for how things can be communicated - maybe inform the members about what's on the agenda for the next meeting (will help draw the members passionate about a certain subject) and then follow up with what was discussed and decided upon. Just some of my initial thoughts. Thanks for listening.

I'm inclined to say that a newsletter format might be best, just because some users might not be on FB and/or Twitter, but I know some people get enough emails as is and might not welcome any more - maybe have a poll to see what form members would prefer.

As for how things can be communicated - maybe inform the members about what's on the agenda for the next meeting (will help draw the members passionate about a certain subject) and then follow up with what was discussed and decided upon. Just some of my initial thoughts. Thanks for listening.
Agree that a Newsletter is a good format. If someone doesn't want them, they can always opt out, right?

I agree. I wish TR would set up shop here. Got members here already and a set TOS. Perhaps Dan could set up some type of members only section to discuss private matters!
I'm not into Facebook or Twitter so your missing me by being mostly silent on this site!

I agree. I wish TR would set up shop here. Got members here already and a set TOS. Perhaps Dan could set up some type of members only section to discuss private matters!
I'm not into Facebook or Twitter so your missing me by being mostly silent on this site!
One of my "resolutions" this year was to be more vocal on this site. I think it is a great format for discussion. I personally am not a big fan of Facebook because great ideas get lost way too easily. This format is way more conducive to true discussions and development of a full thought.

We currently send out a weekly (as close as possible) newsletter to all of our members. If you have not been receiving them, please check your spam folders. We have had numerous reports of this.

Reactions: Goodfella
We currently send out a weekly (as close as possible) newsletter to all of our members. If you have not been receiving them, please check your spam folders. We have had numerous reports of this.
Just checked my spam and there wasn't anything there. I joined in November and here are the five emails received since then:
  • 11/24/14: Important Third Rail Seat Selection Information
  • 11/26/14: Third Rail Newsletter - Holiday Party, Third Rail Merchandise and more.
  • 1/7/15: 25% Off 2015 Renewals For Charter Members!
  • 1/8/15: SuperDraft 2015 and Membership Meeting
  • 1/27/15: Orlando Away Game Tickets & New Website
Am I missing any emails?

LostAnvil LostAnvil I am not the one that sends out the newsletters. But that seems pretty spot on. Maybe we send them out every 2 weeks or so. Sorry for the misinformation.