NYCFC II - 2024 Schedule/Matchday (MLS NEXT Pro)

Looks like we’ll be playing New Mexico. This is a good, mature team. Gonna be tough, but you can’t count these boys out, they keep finding a way!
I just got all kinds of pissed during the outro when the announcers started talking about New Mexico "licking their chops" over their next opponent now that they've beaten a team from "the MLS."

First, do your damn homework before you get behind the mike. It's just MLS.

Second, don't be so snobby.

Assholes.

(Yeah, I'm fed up. And I hope our lads are, too. It's time to ditch the nonsense, stop worrying about developing and start kicking some ass.)

I just got all kinds of pissed during the outro when the announcers started talking about New Mexico "licking their chops" over their next opponent now that they've beaten a team from "the MLS."

First, do your damn homework before you get behind the mike. It's just MLS.

Second, don't be so snobby.

Assholes.

(Yeah, I'm fed up. And I hope our lads are, too. It's time to ditch the nonsense, stop worrying about developing and start kicking some ass.)
... To be fair though, NYCFC II is probably one of the worse teams left in the cup. I think most teams, looking at the draw, would want to be drawn against NYCFC II.

Jimenez. Dude seriously needs to get a run out with the first team.

Jovan has had a few nice passes in the first half, but he hasn't been a scoring threat. There was one opportunity where I thought he could have tried to make a run down the middle to be a good passing opportunity for a shot on goal.
We said the same thing last year about MD Myers who was the joint golden boot winner in MLSNP. Now he’s playing for Charleston Battery.

Malachi Jones in the Colorado post game HRB clip: "It's just a matter of time, adjusting from the college level to the MLS."

Why do people get angry about this? I've never understood.
I wouldn't equate a kid fresh out of college -- or any player for that matter -- with professional broadcasters. If someone on a baseball broadcast said "the MLB" I can assure you, fans of the game would have the same reaction.

I wouldn't equate a kid fresh out of college -- or any player for that matter -- with professional broadcasters. If someone on a baseball broadcast said "the MLB" I can assure you, fans of the game would have the same reaction.
“Me and her went to ______” is a similar, if more common and egregious grammar mistake, and I never see anyone get indignant about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jovan didn't do himself any favors. I don't think he has been practicing with the team and clearly wasn't integrated into the game plan, but he was largely invisible. Bakrar was doing obvious striker things from the first minute on the pitch. I didn't see anything that would justify Jovan "earning" a chance on *his* merits, which is a bummer.

“Me and her went to ______” is a similar, if more common and egregious grammar mistake, and I never see anyone get indignant about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If I professional broadcaster said it, I'd think they were an idiot.

Besides, the point is about doing your homework. If you're behind the mike covering a professional sport, you ought to know the basic nomenclature, at least. It's not a grammatical error. It's laziness.

And that is what makes me indignant.

Back