Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters

of fucking course - used to love this kind of news, but now we gotta worry if it's even for NYCFC
Why worry? It's either NYCFC or QFC.

What's amusing is how Araos can't help himself but troll NYCFC..... obviously the city isn't ready to say anything about the team, because if they were they'd have done so rather than let a blogger do it for them, so it's debatable if his unnamed "official" is real or just a convenient prop for his tweet.

doesn't matter if he's trolling since it's a real concern - unless I'm the only one with this in the back of my mind
We've already been through this a million times. Sports teams in the USA don't get 25,000 seats for non-top-league teams. It just doesn't happen. Joint? Maybe. USL team or below ain't getting that huge of a stadium.

We've already been through this a million times. Sports teams in the USA don't get 25,000 seats for non-top-league teams. It just doesn't happen. Joint? Maybe. USL team or below ain't getting that huge of a stadium.

I simply don't see how the Willets Point location can go to only USL. The city is not going to invest the infrastructure necessary just for a minor league team. Not only that but how does a USL club support 25k fans? We can't even get 25k anymore. I think this is either solely NYCFC or a shared stadium like Met Life Stadium in Jersey. Then again, the city might go with the other plan and there's no stadium at all.

I simply don't see how the Willets Point location can go to only USL. The city is not going to invest the infrastructure necessary just for a minor league team. Not only that but how does a USL club support 25k fans? We can't even get 25k anymore. I think this is either solely NYCFC or a shared stadium like Met Life Stadium in Jersey. Then again, the city might go with the other plan and there's no stadium at all.
We're agreeing right? XD

I'd be fine with a joint stadium- double the games!

Hey guys, just do yourself a favor and ignore Araos. Like seriously. Forget he even exists.

There’s about a 90% chance he made that up. And there’s a 10% chance that he called the mayors office asking for comment and they said “no comment.”

He has the journalistic integrity of InfoWars.

Hey guys, just do yourself a favor and ignore Araos. Like seriously. Forget he even exists.

There’s about a 90% chance he made that up. And there’s a 10% chance that he called the mayors office asking for comment and they said “no comment.”

He has the journalistic integrity of InfoWars.
What does kvschnitzer think about Araos?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Seems the Queens based folks aren’t too worried either way

this is what i always been saying, queens has many loving the sport and would no doubt support the team if its in queens ( especially if its representing queens) so many nycfc buddies i have are either from flushing or other parts of queens and easily will go to this stadium instead. if nycfc doesnt at least rent this place its another setback for them and lose more STH

Last edited:
I go to City College of NY, we are almost 45% Hispanic and almost 90% from foreign countries where "soccer" is big. Only 2 subway stops away from Yankee Stadium. I think a partnership with my university would bring a ton of traffic to their games

i feel they could of also done a whole CUNY wide partnership but just never did.

Araos is not dishonest or full of shit.
Valid (even though his massive fuckup a few years ago still irks me). But his tweet this time was nothing that could be said to be dishonest or full of shit as it is complete speculation/uncertainty anyways.

Valid (even though his massive fuckup a few years ago still irks me). But his tweet this time was nothing that could be said to be dishonest or full of shit as it is complete speculation/uncertainty anyways.

Wait how was that speculation? He reached out to the city, asked what team the stadium was for, and tweeted their response. That's five minutes more reporting than anybody else has bothered to do on this so far.