Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Wait how was that speculation? He called the city, asked what team the stadium was for, and tweeted their response. That's five minutes more reporting than anybody else has bothered to do on this so far.
Sorry, speculation wasn't the appropriate term.

All I'm saying is there really wasn't anything there for him to make up.

Wait how was that speculation? He reached out to the city, asked what team the stadium was for, and tweeted their response. That's five minutes more reporting than anybody else has bothered to do on this so far.

There’s a difference between a person answering the phone and saying, “no comment,” and an actually city OFFICIAL taking his call and stating that “we are not ready to tell you who would play in the stadium.”

and to be clear - my concern doesn't stem from Araos' tweet, but how I've been feeling since the first hints of a stadium for QFC came up - yes, I know it's not rational based on the seat capacity being too high, giving the land to a minor-league team, etc., but until they officially announce a SSS, I will have in the back of my mind how bad it will be for NYCFC if this isn't for them - I'm an NYCFC fan first and have no allegiance (yet) to a team in Queens that might not even exist

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
I simply don't see how the Willets Point location can go to only USL. The city is not going to invest the infrastructure necessary just for a minor league team. Not only that but how does a USL club support 25k fans? We can't even get 25k anymore. I think this is either solely NYCFC or a shared stadium like Met Life Stadium in Jersey. Then again, the city might go with the other plan and there's no stadium at all.
The city is going to invest in the infrastructure for the Housing and businesses - the Stadium is a byproduct of that. It’s not as if 25k ticket holders are flushing the toilet or sipping at the water fountain all at one time, but those other building will have thousands of occupants that will be taking showers, running the sink(s), cooking on the stove that will need the infrastructure.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Idk how feasible it is, but I really want DV to get his Willets Point Stadium done with CFG, affiliate it with NYCFC, and have NYCFC build in the Bronx, just as a huge fuck you to NJ where we have two stadiums in NYC.
Yes, I’m all on board for this, as unlikely as it seems.

Idk how feasible it is, but I really want DV to get his Willets Point Stadium done with CFG, affiliate it with NYCFC, and have NYCFC build in the Bronx, just as a huge fuck you to NJ where we have two stadiums in NYC.
Or, let's say we do end up with stadiums in Queens and Bronx. How long before Red Bulls pull a Nets and relocate?

I wonder if there might also be a behind the scenes race going on. Like perhaps there will only be one stadium approved in NY. If whoever is driving WP gets it done first, then that's the one. If CFG gets a Bronx deal done first, then that's the one.

Or, let's say we do end up with stadiums in Queens and Bronx. How long before Red Bulls pull a Nets and relocate?

dont they owe harrison government tax money? i dont think they relocate right away even if they wanted to.

Not long (relatively). Both WP and Harrison are currently in the FEMA flood zone map, and with recent scientific studies saying the world’s ice masses are melting faster than originally thought, it may not be that far off before thunderstorms flood the area, nevermind the 100 & 500 year storms that are now deluge low lying areas.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I wonder if there might also be a behind the scenes race going on. Like perhaps there will only be one stadium approved in NY. If whoever is driving WP gets it done first, then that's the one. If CFG gets a Bronx deal done first, then that's the one.
This seems very plausible, especially considering the last of noise about the whole thing

Reactions: FootyLovin
Why can we assume this is either Queensboro FC or NYCFC will acquire the stadium. There is still the wildcard of Rocco Commisso getting involved. Cosmo B is still signing players. He has worked with the Mets and the city when they were at MCU park. Plus he would love to screw MLS and NYCFC. (As Petricoff was the one who sent the letter to buy the Cosmo IP for 50 cents on the dollar.

Of course I am also reserved in the belief that NYCFC will never get a stadium and that Willets Point project will go to the 2nd proposal which is mostly housing.

Reactions: Kjbert
Why can we assume this is either Queensboro FC or NYCFC will acquire the stadium. There is still the wildcard of Rocco Commisso getting involved. Cosmo B is still signing players. He has worked with the Mets and the city when they were at MCU park. Plus he would love to screw MLS and NYCFC. (As Petricoff was the one who sent the letter to buy the Cosmo IP for 50 cents on the dollar.

Of course I am also reserved in the belief that NYCFC will never get a stadium and that Willets Point project will go to the 2nd proposal which is mostly housing.
That would be a massive trolling on Commisso’s part only topped if RB was unveiled as the owner because of their super-secret plan to move inside NYC.....

As of today, ONLY David Villa and Queensboro FC have been connected to this development.

giphy.gif

Sounds like f.cosmos delusion I used to read on bigsoccer.

giphy.gif

Sounds like f.cosmos delusion I used to read on bigsoccer.
Dude, before the brand disappeared for a generation, did you know Pele played for the Cosmos? MLS NEEDS the Cosmos brand, it's an icon in this City. MLS is scared. Beckenbauer, Chinaglia (totally not a criminal pos btw) and so many more.
MLS should grant them free entry into the league.