• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Still quoting that statement that can't be found anywhere

So it looks like this was the original report and the caption isn't available online anywhere: https://soccerinnyc.com/2018/10/02/...occer-investor/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I don't necessarily think this David Brand guy seems like the type to make up some super specific quote and attribute it to the local government he covers and burn up any reputation he might have.

(Compared to a Romanian tabloid that we are all taking as gospel, I have much more faith in David Brand's report than that.)

I'm usually on the side of requiring the direct proof, but alarm bells aren't going off for me here.

Still quoting that statement that can't be found anywhere
This one?

"By 2030, Willets Point is now home to tens of thousands of new housing units and – wait for it – not ten, not 20, not 50, but 100 percent of them are affordable on this 61-acre parcel of previously untapped land. And it’s funded by the professional soccer stadium at Willets Point, and we’re getting ready to host the 2034 World Cup."

So it looks like this was the original report and the caption isn't available online anywhere: https://soccerinnyc.com/2018/10/02/...occer-investor/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I don't necessarily think this David Brand guy seems like the type to make up some super specific quote and attribute it to the local government he covers and burn up any reputation he might have.

(Compared to a Romanian tabloid that we are all taking as gospel, I have much more faith in David Brand's report than that.)

I'm usually on the side of requiring the direct proof, but alarm bells aren't going off for me here.
I can't tell if it originated from this one, or the queenseagle article that I've seen other articles link to when mentioning the statement. While I don't doubt that it was just completely made up, I'm skeptical if it holds any real weight considering how it's been completely removed.

This development decision just seems to be a bit aged to be for a potential Queens team that only somewhat surfaced in October.

I can't tell if it originated from this one, or the queenseagle article that I've seen other articles link to when mentioning the statement. While I don't doubt that it was just completely made up, I'm skeptical if it holds any real weight considering how it's been completely removed.

This development decision just seems to be a bit aged to be for a potential Queens team that only somewhat surfaced in October.

Defending it out of my bias to see the project succeed, the rumors from Chris Kivlehan and others is that a Villa-led USL team has been discussed behind the scenes for well over a year, and the October leaks were just the first public reporting.

Just some more info, fwiw, but David Brand wrote both the QueensEagle article and the SoccerinNYC blog post. But everything he is saying has been confirmed by a few other "journalists," again, fwiw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and adam
This one?

"By 2030, Willets Point is now home to tens of thousands of new housing units and – wait for it – not ten, not 20, not 50, but 100 percent of them are affordable on this 61-acre parcel of previously untapped land. And it’s funded by the professional soccer stadium at Willets Point, and we’re getting ready to host the 2034 World Cup."

That woman is also an imbecile

Reactions: hatt91
Here is one of those random posts that doesn’t have a proper thread to put it in, so I figured the Stadium Thread was best.

Below is an excerpt and link to a NY Times article about a young athlete who accidentally swallowed a toothpick, and it almost killed him. Really interesting story on a few different levels. The kid was only 18 and nobody could figure out what was wrong with him. Only when he was in the hospital in critical condition did they find the toothpick, which had perforated his colon, punctured an artery next to the colon and led to sepsis. He missed several months but made his triumphant debut in a game later that season.

The story doesn’t name the player or team - it is drawn from a journal article, which keeps these things secret for good reason. But, given that the player was only 18 and that this wasn’t otherwise reported, I figured it was probably MLS. The article also says that he plays in New England.

Sure enough, there is a Revs homegrown player whose bio says he missed several months for a non-soccer related emergency. I won’t reveal the name (it’s not hard to find), but his debut was against our boys in blue, and he even knocked a shot off the post.

I’m not happy he contributed to a loss for us, but glad he is healthy and doing well.

He Swallowed a Toothpick. It Could Have Killed Him.

For several weeks, a young athlete’s symptoms stumped doctors, despite tests and scans. Unnoticed in a sandwich or wrap, toothpicks can do a surprising amount of damage in the digestive tract, and beyond.

https://nyti.ms/2G9exGe?smid=nytcore-ios-share

Last edited:
Here is one of those random posts that doesn’t have a proper thread to put it in, so I figured the Stadium Thread was best.

Below is an excerpt and link to a NY Times article about a young athlete who accidentally swallowed a toothpick, and it almost killed him. Really interesting story on a few different levels. The kid was only 18 and nobody could figure out what was wrong with him. Only when he was in the hospital in critical condition did they find the toothpick, which had perforated his colon, punctured an artery next to the colon and led to sepsis. He missed several months but made his triumphant debut in a game later that season.

The story doesn’t name the player or team - it is drawn from a journal article, which keeps these things secret for good reason. But, given that the player was only 18 and that this wasn’t otherwise reported, I figured it was probably MLS. The article also says that he plays in New England.

Sure enough, there is a Revs homegrown player whose bio says he missed several months for a non-soccer related emergency. I won’t reveal the name (it’s not hard to find), but his debut was against our boys in blue, and he even knocked a shot off the post.

I’m not happy he contributed to a loss for us, but glad he is healthy and doing well.

For several weeks, a young athlete’s symptoms stumped doctors, despite tests and scans. Unnoticed in a sandwich or wrap, toothpicks can do a surprising amount of damage in the digestive tract, and beyond.

Is there an NYCFC Injury Thread?

Not sure why his identity is being hidden, its on his wiki page... I swear I didn't edit it :)

Defending it out of my bias to see the project succeed, the rumors from Chris Kivlehan and others is that a Villa-led USL team has been discussed behind the scenes for well over a year, and the October leaks were just the first public reporting.

Just some more info, fwiw, but David Brand wrote both the QueensEagle article and the SoccerinNYC blog post. But everything he is saying has been confirmed by a few other "journalists," again, fwiw.

Wow. This might really be for USL.

"Building an arena would require the developers to secure a letter of intent from a franchise, according to Glen. The team would likely be newly created within the United Soccer League, an organization with nearly 40 squads that play in smaller stadiums than Major League Soccer, a league that counts New York City Football Club among its members. While the task force recommended a stadium of up to 25,000 seats, the developers envision a facility with up to 15,000 seats, according to the city."

We now know per Moya that only the plan with the soccer stadium will have affordable housing, and from this article that the developer's vision is max 15k seats.

Last edited:
Wow. This might really be for USL-only.

"Building an arena would require the developers to secure a letter of intent from a franchise, according to Glen. The team would likely be newly created within the United Soccer League, an organization with nearly 40 squads that play in smaller stadiums than Major League Soccer, a league that counts New York City Football Club among its members. While the task force recommended a stadium of up to 25,000 seats, the developers envision a facility with up to 15,000 seats, according to the city."

We now know per Moya that only the plan with the soccer stadium will have affordable housing, and from this article that the developer's vision is max 15k seats.
And if this goes through without even an inkling of the idea that we get our own announcement of a site secured...well if you thought things were bleak now, just wait...