USMNT Talk

Anyone going to the game Friday? Looking forward to it, but...Seeing what a horror it was getting to RBA last Friday, can't imagine what it's gonna be like with the start of the holiday weekend. It'll be very disappointing with a lighter crowd that might even be Pro-Costa Rica. Who schedules this shit?!

Anyone going to the game Friday? Looking forward to it, but...Seeing what a horror it was getting to RBA last Friday, can't imagine what it's gonna be like with the start of the holiday weekend. It'll be very disappointing with a lighter crowd that might even be Pro-Costa Rica. Who schedules this shit?!
Yep, me and two buddies are going. I think we all have the afternoon off so we're contemplating heading over in the early afternoon to grab food across the bridge, join a tailgate, etc.

Reactions: NickA
I'm going and I know other people are as well. I'm just resigned to getting home to Queens at 2am (probably not that bad but this way I might be pleasantly surprised) and like Ulrich Ulrich I'm taking the day off so might get there early. They tried to seed the crowd with Team USA supporters by having a lengthy presale only for US Soccer donors, American Outlaw members, and Red Bull STHs. We'll find out if that worked Friday.

I'm going and I know other people are as well. I'm just resigned to getting home to Queens at 2am (probably not that bad but this way I might be pleasantly surprised) and like Ulrich Ulrich I'm taking the day off so might get there early. They tried to seed the crowd with Team USA supporters by having a lengthy presale only for US Soccer donors, American Outlaw members, and Red Bull STHs. We'll find out if that worked Friday.
It may have worked but not necessarily because of those three alone - they opened it up later to an NYCFC presale prior to the public. Evidently redbull supporters don't support their team or their national team at their own stadium.

It may have worked but not necessarily because of those three alone - they opened it up later to an NYCFC presale prior to the public. Evidently redbull supporters don't support their team or their national team at their own stadium.
Did they? Good. I guess I missed the notice because I had my tickets by then and wasn't paying attention. I almost added a comment wondering why they didn't add NYCFC STHs as a presale. Even if they had to give RB more favorable status because it's their stadium, it makes sense to include NYCFC fans if you want to stack the crowd (even though I know we have some TICOs among our STHs).

The NYCFC presale was not a big deal. We got an email and it was during the same window as a bunch of others, possibly even the VISA presale.

Did they? Good. I guess I missed the notice because I had my tickets by then and wasn't paying attention. I almost added a comment wondering why they didn't add NYCFC STHs as a presale. Even if they had to give RB more favorable status because it's their stadium, it makes sense to include NYCFC fans if you want to stack the crowd (even though I know we have some TICOs among our STHs).
They did but after RB showed they weren't showing up. If we ever get a stadium and host a MNT qualifier, I seriously doubt it gets to the general public if we have no more than 25k seats. It would for a 35k stadium, but not the size of RBA.

Schwallacus Schwallacus and I are definitely going. Getting there this past friday was a disaster though. We left the long island queens border at 4 pm and got there about 10 minutes after kick off. It was brutal and i cant imagine what its going to be like with the holiday this weekend.

Going.

Reactions: NickA
Reactions: Victors87
Saw this on SI before. Apparently this is the first meaningful USMNT game they've had in the NYC area. Also, the majority of tickets were sold through presales and at least 24k sold already.

https://www.si.com/soccer/2017/08/29/usmnt-new-york-world-cup-qualifier-sunil-gulati-us-soccer

I've been to a USWNT game but never the men's. I'm really looking forward to it. Not looking forward to the beer line though.
It is indeed terrible.

SoupInNYC SoupInNYC Jack Jack you guys heading out there early to tailgate? Is AO doing anything? I only got the invite to the night before party.

It is indeed terrible.

SoupInNYC SoupInNYC Jack Jack you guys heading out there early to tailgate? Is AO doing anything? I only got the invite to the night before party.

AO is having a tailgate but its not at the stadium... its a ways away in some park and then we are marching in from there, give me a little ill find you the details

EDIT: here they are: https://www.theamericanoutlaws.com/events/usmnt-vs-costa-rica-the-hex#details

AO_Newark_US_Tailgate_2017.jpg

It is indeed terrible.

I'm thinking about heading to the Night Before Party and definitely want to get down there for the tailgate beforehand. It's just going to be my and my father in town heading to the game, so I won't be quite as rowdy as I was when you ran into me in Philly last summer.

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan SoupInNYC SoupInNYC Still 50/50 on night before party because I want to be productive with the half-day at office Friday. (Have 1 beer ends up being 5 beers). AO tailgate details are as Joey Bianco stated above. Last AO tailgate was a complete circus & overwhelmed the couple bars on Market Street during the Sendoff Series v. Turkey. This will probably run smooth.

I'm going to leave Manhattan around 3pm. My girlfriend, sister, and sister's boyfriend are driving in from Westchester around the same time (but most likely late because my girlfriend is always tardy). I'll most likely tailgate where ever they end up parking.

AO put me in seection 131.

Let me know if you're going to leave Manhattan around the same time. Coordinate the PATH together.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Looks like we could not ask for any better weather for this match.

just got an email saying if youre in the supporters section you can only enter at East VIP Gate and Gate D. your ticket will be rejected at any other gate

These sections include:

130-133
101-105
201 and 233

It also states that after getting into the stadium you have to go get a wristband or they wont let you into your section

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan SoupInNYC SoupInNYC Still 50/50 on night before party because I want to be productive with the half-day at office Friday. (Have 1 beer ends up being 5 beers). AO tailgate details are as Joey Bianco stated above. Last AO tailgate was a complete circus & overwhelmed the couple bars on Market Street during the Sendoff Series v. Turkey. This will probably run smooth.

I'm going to leave Manhattan around 3pm. My girlfriend, sister, and sister's boyfriend are driving in from Westchester around the same time (but most likely late because my girlfriend is always tardy). I'll most likely tailgate where ever they end up parking.

AO put me in seection 131.

Let me know if you're going to leave Manhattan around the same time. Coordinate the PATH together.

Also debating going to the night before party. But I am not uncertain that Cobi Jones will be in attendance.