USMNT Talk

For all the praise of RBA as a venue, it sure seems it's beauty is as skin deep as a spoiled supermodel - looks great on TV and is great from the seats, but once you are out of your seats it's a nightmare - concourse, food, bathrooms, parking - all of it is terrible.
Yep, concourse is way too narrow and the lines are too long. The facility itself, for the event on the field, is first class, but the amenities are abysmal.

Reactions: hatt91
Just got back home. Here are my thoughts...

1. The US played terribly and uninspired.
2. CONCACAF needs VAR. We have penalties that weren't properly called. The Panamanian ref sucked hard.
3. RBA attendances was 26,500 which is over the 25,219 capacity announced for sellout. As said before, RBA is great when you're in your seat. Everything else about the place is terrible. Getting there and being there is terrible.
4. I think it was 60/40 US-Costa Rica in terms of attendance but the Costa Rica fans were more passionate, singing, chanting, and screaming. Most of the US Soccer fans are casuals. Even the American Outlaws were silent at times during the match.
5. Even if NYCFC get a soccer specific stadium, the NY metro area will never host a serious match for the foreseeable future. Maybe when I have grown kids they will reconsider the market.
6. MUST WIN, ABSOLUTE MUST WIN on Tuesday at Honduras. And must win in Orlando vs. Panama.

Ouch, home loss by the genius.

Tim Howard looked slower than pirlo on both goals.

Seriously, though, Costa Rica is really good.
Tim Howard is shit.

I called Bruce a pussy when I saw the shape. Ask Paul

One of the worst coached matches I've ever seen.

And no, Cameron isn't shit. He was stuck between two of the worst players I've ever seen play anywhere. That's on Bruce. Cameron was actually one of the few competent based on what I saw in stadium.

Our fucking coach started dumb and got dumber with each change. The modern game has passed Bruce by. I'm just ready for a new cycle.

Kind of fine with not making the World Cup. Hopefully, it'll keep CP fresher for next year and save Liverpool a few bucks if he doesn't have to waste a summer covering for that twunt graham Zusi.

For all the praise of RBA as a venue, it sure seems it's beauty is as skin deep as a spoiled supermodel - looks great on TV and is great from the seats, but once you are out of your seats it's a nightmare - concourse, food, bathrooms, parking - all of it is terrible.
Did you think we'd all been lying for 5 years?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
This was probably RBA's/NYC metro area's last meaningful national team match.
As it should be. Getting there takes forever. Getting in was a shitshow. Beer lines were a shitshow, bathroom lines were a shitshow, and the way we played tonight we couldn't have beaten D.C. United. The only good thing about tonight is that Bruce didn't mince words. Ream should never play another important game for us (Bresler would have done better) and Villafana kept destroying our shape all night. They both made Cameron worse. Wood botched every important pass in the firs half. Nagbe had a good game. Bradley didn't suck.everyone else? Pfft!

Just got back home. Here are my thoughts...

1. The US played terribly and uninspired.
2. CONCACAF needs VAR. We have penalties that weren't properly called. The Panamanian ref sucked hard.
3. RBA attendances was 26,500 which is over the 25,219 capacity announced for sellout. As said before, RBA is great when you're in your seat. Everything else about the place is terrible. Getting there and being there is terrible.
4. I think it was 60/40 US-Costa Rica in terms of attendance but the Costa Rica fans were more passionate, singing, chanting, and screaming. Most of the US Soccer fans are casuals. Even the American Outlaws were silent at times during the match.
5. Even if NYCFC get a soccer specific stadium, the NY metro area will never host a serious match for the foreseeable future. Maybe when I have grown kids they will reconsider the market.
6. MUST WIN, ABSOLUTE MUST WIN on Tuesday at Honduras. And must win in Orlando vs. Panama.

- Costa Rican populations are prominent in the New York Metropolitan Area, especially in North Central New Jersey (Essex County, New Jersey, Passaic County, New Jersey, Somerset County, New Jersey, and Union County, New Jersey). Additional areas with significant Costa Rican residents include New York City, Suffolk County, New York, and Fairfield County, Connecticut.

- Largest population of Panamanians reside in Brooklyn and South Florida.......

Who is the genius at US Soccer who scheduled these games in these cities?

Reactions: Ulrich and adam
Bathroom lines were fucked. Got inline one minute after halftime whistle blew, back to my seat at 52 minute mark.
Truly. Who builds public restrooms in a place like that with 4 urinals?
- Costa Rican populations are prominent in the New York Metropolitan Area, especially in North Central New Jersey (Essex County, New Jersey, Passaic County, New Jersey, Somerset County, New Jersey, and Union County, New Jersey). Additional areas with significant Costa Rican residents include New York City, Suffolk County, New York, and Fairfield County, Connecticut.

- Largest population of Panamanians reside in Brooklyn and South Florida.......

Who is the genius at US Soccer who scheduled these games in these cities?
This was probably RBA's/NYC metro area's last meaningful national team match.

I fucking hate the logic that having a significant immigrant population means fans of Team USA are fucked and cannot host games. Shouldn't be zero sum like that.

Truly. Who builds public restrooms in a place like that with 4 urinals?

I fucking hate the logic that having a significant immigrant population means fans of Team USA are fucked and cannot host games. Shouldn't be zero sum like that.
It shouldn't be, but it will be. With the exception of a team like Canada, who doesn't really have a big travelling fan base, we won't be playing a big game here again. Unless of course we get drawn into MetLife during the 2026 World Cup.

Reactions: Sabo
I don't think you can call it a good game for a defender that passes it directly to the other team leading to a goal.

Pretty much anything you do that is good gets negated by that pass.

Reactions: 413Blue
I don't think you can call it a good game for a defender that passes it directly to the other team leading to a goal.

Pretty much anything you do that is good gets negated by that pass.

Exactly. When a defender basically gives away a goal, which he did, it's not a good game. That seems to happen too often with Cameron. He's probably the highest skilled defender in our system, but he goes off too often.

Its just the way it is, Americans are following soccer in greater numbers than ever before, but still aren't as passionate about the game as immigrant communities. Its got to be hard for US players when the opposing team has louder support.

I cant see why they couldn't play Trinidad in nyc and stick costa rica in the midwest somewhere. The PNW should be getting more games as well.

But cant take away anything from Costa Rica, they were the better team.

Costa Rica didn't make any mistakes, while the US did, but the real game changer was at 0-0 when Altidore was taken down trying to connect on a centering cross from Pulisic(?) - not calling the PK there was criminal. That one non-call changed the entire game.

Its just the way it is, Americans are following soccer in greater numbers than ever before, but still aren't as passionate about the game as immigrant communities. Its got to be hard for US players when the opposing team has louder support.

I cant see why they couldn't play Trinidad in nyc and stick costa rica in the midwest somewhere. The PNW should be getting more games as well.

This should never be part of the equation. Immigrants are Americans. Today's son of a Costa Rica fan can be tomorrow's USMNT fan, maybe even tomorrow's USMNT player. Ignoring areas or not bringing immigrant American communities out to watch our national team, even if at this point they still support their native country, is the worst thing we could do for the future of the sport here.

Also this: