2022 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs

We have the best points total since 2016. We really really should raise a glass to the fact that we have achieved this level of consistent excellence while having exactly 0 players in the current list of 25 highest salaries in MLS, as published today. We are staying clear both of the Red Bull model of only cheap youngsters, and of the overpriced former superstar model of many other clubs. Kudos to us! BTW it is also eloquent IMHO that neither of the 2 MVP favorites, Driussi and Mukhtar, are on the list either.

David Lee (and Claudio Reyna, to be honest) have done an outstanding job of roster building.

Good puff piece on Jim Curtin in the Inquirer: Jim Curtin knew the Union could be good this year. He didn’t think they’d be this good.

Man, do I ever want a piece of those guys in the Eastern Conference Final with both teams at full strength. Let's get it ON.

as much as i would be happy to take on philly, cause it'd be a good game. i think cinci might pull off the upset here.

i have no idea if we will win. as much as I want us to win vs montreal. it's going to be a really good game either way. as long as we don't lose because we played poorly, i'll be ok with the result. and as i've said before, i'm pretty satisfied with this season anyway so any wins in the playoffs is icing on the cake.

but man oh man... would a back to back MLS cup be so damn sweet.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
as much as i would be happy to take on philly, cause it'd be a good game. i think cinci might pull off the upset here.

i have no idea if we will win. as much as I want us to win vs montreal. it's going to be a really good game either way. as long as we don't lose because we played poorly, i'll be ok with the result. and as i've said before, i'm pretty satisfied with this season anyway so any wins in the playoffs is icing on the cake.

I'm pretty certain Montreal and Philly are going to go through, but I'll be happy if either of those get proven wrong ;) hahaha

It is probably realistically too much to ask to win back-to-back MLS Cups considering it hasn't happened for over a decade. I agree that this has been a successful season even if we do lose to Montreal on Sunday.

My god... Cincinatti are about to get destroyed, if these first ten minutes are anything to go by...

Cincy didn’t start off too bad but Philly did get control. The Union are the biggest cry babies in the league and it only took 12 minutes to highlight that. Go Cincy.