Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
First friendly of the year will be played against the Ecuadorian club Emelec.

Kickoff is 02/08 7:00 pm.

I'm assuming a YouTube stream will be available.

Reactions: Kjbert
FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jock and SoupInNYC
23 Days, 5 Hours, and 26 minutes until kickoff (or when the TV or streaming coverage starts)!

Villa and Pirlo will start (probably in the contract for the game) and play a maximum of 60 minutes, likely just 45 though.

As always eager to see how the new additions look. I am particularly excited to see what the rookies look like.

As always eager to see how the new additions look. I am particularly excited to see what the rookies look like.
And curious to see who is paired with whom. Not that it'll necessarily mean much - last year's preseason was a mashing together of players that gave a false sense of pecking order - White & Taylor were starters

And we have our first TV conflict of the year. Give us an alternative station damn it!

I mean let's not get too crazy here -- it's a preseason friendly in Ecuador. Does any MLS team have their preseason games televised? The fact YES has aired the games in Puerto Rico and Mexico is pretty outstanding as it is. Hopefully they'll be a stream.

The better question, will there be English commentary. I know our Mexico game was on YES.

Then again, depending on the quality of play maybe we shouldn't be subjected to the first run-out of the season....

Someone fix the damn thread title. Keeps giving me false hope.
How does Emelec rate?
It looks like they won 3 league titles in a row from '13-'15. Interestingly, the club was initially funded by an American who was the owner of Empresa Eléctrica del Ecuador, so I guess that's where the name "Emelec" comes from.

Yes, I read their wiki last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.