Away - Dallas 09/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to play both Pirlo and Fat Frank in the midfield in 80+ degrees in Dallas against Dallas' kids? Boy.

I think I would start TMac and Lampard. As gold as his passes are, I'm having a hard time forgiving Pirlo for that Higuain fuck-up. If we can't have a strong CDM then I'd rather have guys in who at least try to defend set pieces. I think Lamps is due for a good game - you can see it in his face every time he comes close to scoring. I think he wants to score just as much as we want him to. TMac is just a workhorse, and whatever he lacks in talent he makes up for in effort.

Shelton must have the worst left quad strain known to mankind ...
The combination of the MCL strain and the quad strain (I'm not a doctor) might be linked. Less strenuous activity on the left leg for the MCL may have made the left quad weaker/tighter and more susceptible to injury. Or possibly the initial diagnosis of the MCL was incorrect and it was a more major quad injury. Still strange to have so many similar injuries between players this year.

The combination of the MCL strain and the quad strain (I'm not a doctor) might be linked. Less strenuous activity on the left leg for the MCL may have made the left quad weaker/tighter and more susceptible to injury. Or possibly the initial diagnosis of the MCL was incorrect and it was a more major quad injury. Still strange to have so many similar injuries between players this year.
MCL is an easy diagnosis, can't be confused with a quad. If they are reporting accurately its likely a retraining injury

Reactions: JayH
With Allen or Brovsky (or Wingert?) at right back instead of Iraola, I would love to see Angelino bomb down the flank as much as he did his first couple of games before they reined him in to have Iraola attack down the other flank more often.

With Allen or Brovsky (or Wingert?) at right back instead of Iraola, I would love to see Angelino bomb down the flank as much as he did his first couple of games before they reined him in to have Iraola attack down the other flank more often.

69 ripped a sick one-touch aerial shot at the net in the match preview video, hit the post but looks like they're practicing him up near the net!

upload_2015-9-11_10-11-46.png

Here is the injury report for New York City FC at FC Dallas:

New York City FC
  • Connor Brandt (sports hernia surgery) -- OUT
  • Andoni Iraola (gastrocnemius strain) -- OUT
  • George John (knee surgery) -- OUT
  • Tony Taylor (knee surgery) -- OUT
FC Dallas
  • Mauro Diaz (right quad tightness) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Dan Kennedy (right knee strain) -- QUESTIONABLE
  • Bakary Soumare (concussion symptoms) -- QUESTIONABLE
Glad to finally see Khiry not on this list. Also Ballouchy. Somewhat Calle.

IT'S GAME DAY!!!!! Finally!!! I don't care if we win, lose or draw -- I'll just be happy to see our club back out there (giving a spirited effort of course). Feels like it's been forever since we've had a game.

We are long overdue to hit a purple patch (sorry, on an EPL bender this morning)!

Woke up this morning, all excited, expecting to see some game day noise on social media, but it's crickets. I wonder if the lack of PR has anything to do with losing our VP of Marketing / Brand Development. Not that she would have been the one driving the Tweetmobile.

Game day!

Got my birthday present early and got the away shirt which looks great. It does feel funny to be wearing a shirt of a team that I actively support that isn't the team i've supported all my life, but I like it! Would have worn it to Ryan's Daughter, but i'm home sick :confused:

We can do this - plenty of energy and use all the subs so someone else can come on and bust a gut if anyone isn't trying hard enough. Put your money on Fat Frank to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.