MLS - May 5 - Colorado (Home - CF)

So, I went to see Todd Rundgren instead of going to this match. Todd was as usual amazing, City perhaps less so. Any reason I need to watch the match replay?

Reactions: VernonJohn
So, I went to see Todd Rundgren instead of going to this match. Todd was as usual amazing, City perhaps less so. Any reason I need to watch the match replay?
Rudgren rules. Love seeing this here. You made a very wise choice. I say no to the replay.

Reactions: Seth
He's not the pathetic one and neither are his family members.

We don't know enough about the situation. Is Jovan not good at practice? Is he struggling to adapt to the locker room? Or is Nick just trying to take it slow with an 18-year-old kid who's missed a ton of time?

There are a lot of reasons why Jovan isn't starting, and lots of reasons why members of his family would misunderstand it.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
We don't know enough about the situation. Is Jovan not good at practice? Is he struggling to adapt to the locker room? Or is Nick just trying to take it slow with an 18-year-old kid who's missed a ton of time?

There are a lot of reasons why Jovan isn't starting, and lots of reasons why members of his family would misunderstand it.

Lots of unknowns but we can say in the very limited minutes he has played I haven't seen a lot of hustle out of him. He certainly did not press or track back with the level of effort we see out of our attackers who are starting regularly. It could have been fitness or the point at which he entered the matches but I thought his level of effort was underwhelming. If that lack of effort is carrying over to practice I could understand why he's not getting time.

Lots of unknowns but we can say in the very limited minutes he has played I haven't seen a lot of hustle out of him. He certainly did not press or track back with the level of effort we see out of our attackers who are starting regularly. It could have been fitness or the point at which he entered the matches but I thought his level of effort was underwhelming. If that lack of effort is carrying over to practice I could understand why he's not getting time.
More than one thing can be true at the same time, and my inclination is to believe all of this is true to one degree or another. Jovan has a lot to prove.

But from what I've seen, what I've heard and what I've been able to find out about him, we could have used him against Colorado. He profiles as being able to handle tight spaces in the box and get shots off. He could have been the difference with the Rapids packed in so tight.

Or not. We laid an awfully big goddamn egg yesterday. Maybe nothing would have helped.

One thing especially stands out to me: the sequence about midway through the first half where Santi ended up all by himself deep in Colorado territory and he turned around and let the rest of the squad have it. Dude was pissed. Very much a "where the hell is everybody" moment.

Bad performance. We have three huge games coming up over the course of a week, two of them on the road, and all of them against opponents currently above us in the table or level (and the Union have a game in hand). Those were three crucial dropped points.

Nick has said a few times there are guys chomping at the bit to get into games. So, we'll see how daring our gaffer really is.

Reactions: gbservis
Interfering with the free kick I believe. He was standing on or near the ball and may have grazed.

Also, Chapman.
And the ball was rolling when it was taken to restart, which by itself not allowed. So Sands card was moot.

That game sucked, my positives:
  • I was able to attend live and bring my daughter who actually was entertained by the game for a bit which surprised me (she’s just 18 months)
  • My seats were covered
  • I was able to catch up with Shwafta Shwafta for a bit
  • Luis Barraza has one hell of a firm handshake
  • Was able to chat with Malachi Jones after the game. He’s a wonderful kid. Was listening to this response to Hudson River Blue

Will try to post some of the questions/answers I got from Keaton, Malachi, and O’Toole if I can find the time later / remember.

• I was able to attend live and bring my daughter who actually was entertained by the game for a bit which surprised me (she’s just 18 months)
  • My seats were covered
  • Was able to chat with Malachi Jones after the game. He’s a wonderful kid. Was listening to this response to Hudson River Blue

Will try to post some of the questions/answers I got from Keaton, Malachi, and O’Toole if I can find the time later / remember.

good kid. smart kid. definitely has a level head on his shoulders. i hope he can find his scoring boots soon! Maybe his 8th appearance for the club will be the one?

• My seats were covered

"It's coming ... It's my job to deliver in the next couple games."

I wonder if Malachi is about to start. If that's the case, we may just see a different formation this week.

Which would be awesome. We're too predictable on the attack, and we need to break out and start playing with some gusto, too. Our capstone was a failure and got roundly rejected by the soccer gods. We need to submit something fresh.