Quakes Postmatch

When we play like that and get a point, I guess you have to be relieved. Although the three points was surely there for the taking, I guess we can be pleased with this result!

Chanot and Brillant both played very well. Nobody else really did anything.

Saunders with a very fortunate clean sheet. What the hell was up with that punch? Are his hands just so small that he can't catch?

Unimas curse. No good Friday match ever occurs. Goddamn Ramses Sandoval.

Lampard was absolute shit. As was Hernandez, rj, Mendoza.

Chanot motm.

Villa popping his own asshole instead of.scoring in the first 5 is inexplicable.

When we play like that and get a point, I guess you have to be relieved. Although the three points was surely there for the taking, I guess we can be pleased with this result!

Chanot and Brillant both played very well. Nobody else really did anything.

Saunders with a very fortunate clean sheet. What the hell was up with that punch? Are his hands just so small that he can't catch?
He is just that bad. I am giving up commenting on him. He's the Ramses of goalkeeping.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
This RB situation is getting annoying. Why isn't Martinez getting opportunities at LB? Is he skipping practices? We're lucky if we can conjure up deadwood quality out of White and Hernandez when they play out there.

Also thought the first sub should have been for Tmac, not Jack. Especially when you consider Mendoza ended up moving to that side anyway.

Missed chances for both sides. The pigeons had their opportunities but didn't convert. Would have been a different game if there was an early goal for either side. At the end both teams were playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Yea I can't really understand the Harrison sub, unless PV was trying to keep his head from getting too big after all of his recent success. Still, surprised to see the move.

And yes can we please stop with the Hernandez/Allen experiment, it does not work. Keep RJ in his natural RB position and start Martinez.

I'm going to be interested is reading why PV made the subs he did.

Seemed to me Harrison was the only guy on the field tonight who was making San Jose nervous.
The answer is he's a first year coach. Trying to figure it all out. He subs poorly quite often imo. We usually hold on to results in spite of the mistakes, much like tonight, so they haven't been called out.

Very fortunate to get a point. I thought Lampard, Pirlo, Iraola, McNamara, Allen and Hernandez were varying degrees of shit tonight. Playing like that on the road against most teams would result in a loss. Fortunately SJ isn't very good, particularly on offense. Let's take the point and move on. We now have 37 pts, same as all of last season, and 10 games left. Onwards and upwards.

This RB situation is getting annoying. Why isn't Martinez getting opportunities at LB? Is he skipping practices? We're lucky if we can conjure up deadwood quality out of White and Hernandez when they play out there.

Also thought the first sub should have been for Tmac, not Jack. Especially when you consider Mendoza ended up moving to that side anyway.
First sub should have been for Lamps. He was bad tonight. Move Jack or TMac into the middle. Both of them ran their socks off tonight and either one of them would have shored up the middle of the park.

Reactions: Gene
We don't travel well but we are picking up points on the road. I think that's a good thing. We had moments of sublime passing and defensive shape, but we were second to most 50-50s. Under the circumstances, I'm proud of the team.

Continue to be mystified that we're not playing Martinez in the left and RJ in his natural position. Hernandez got beaten a lot and was lucky not to pick up a couple of yellows IMO. Standard Hernandez really.

Chanot looked great.

Saunders made some great saves out of situations that he largely got himself into.

SJ did a great job on Harrison. Double teamed every time. By cutting out the wings, they forced Villa to come deeper, where he's less of a threat. Well done on the defensive brief SJ. Also it's harder to do that if you have confident overlapping full backs.

I'm not too worried. If Mata gets back soon we will do a much better job of retaining the ball. In the mean time, I'd like to see us being a little more patient in the middle third. Playing vertically is important, but makes it hard to get numbers forward.

RJ at right and Diego at left didn't happen and I don't know why.

Sometimes the mark of a good team is not losing to an average team on the road at 11pm across the country while playing like shit. I'll gladly take the point.

Except maybe the LA & Dallas games, we should handle the stretch run nicely. We'll probably close it out at 6-3 or 5-3-1.

Can't win them all, surely Mata will be fit next week because not having him is hurting out offence as RJ isnt as good going forward on the left and obviously Hernandez just sits back which is fair enough for someone who isn't a RB. Not really sure why we couldn't use Martinez though.

Not many teams have won away at San Jose although we have been very good on the road it is still a very tough place to go.

I'm surprised by the amount of people content with the point. If I had stayed up that late to watch a scoreless draw in Spanish I would have been pissed. But I didn't see the game so maybe we are walking out of there with one more point that we should be. Still would have been angry though

Weird subs for sure. Iraola unlocks pirlo, harrison is literally the only offensive creator, and macnamara was trying to play CM from the wing. Probably the three most important guys to the attack came off.

Sad to see villa never get the ball. Very happy with a point, overall played poorly.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan