Quakes Postmatch

also blue jerseys vs blue jerseys should be a human rights violation. mls needs to force teams to carry a third jersey if both their primary and secondary are the same color.
As I whined more than once in the Shout Box, the tv cameras were so far away from the field, I was having trouble telling anybody apart. The only reason I could easily pick out Villa and Harrison was because of their red shoes.

Reactions: JayH and Ulrich
fHCRECH.png
Believe it's 48 hours because it was a national broadcast

definately but there are a pretty sizable portion of especially the male population that are color blinded. its a reasonable accomodation.
I'm color blind, the time I have trouble is with our dark unis against the dark red teams. The light vs dark games are the best

As I whined more than once in the Shout Box, the tv cameras were so far away from the field, I was having trouble telling anybody apart. The only reason I could easily pick out Villa and Harrison was because of their red shoes.
I'm glad it wasn't just me and my terrible vision. It felt like watching on a phone. I was identifying players by boot color.

Reactions: Ulrich and Gene
I don't have a particular explanation, but like I said, my spidey senses are all tingly. Maybe I have confirmation bias, but I believe that I don't get them incorrectly very often. I really hope I'm wrong.
That isn't confirmation bias. It's availability heuristic. You more easily remember the times when your suspicions were correct and forget all the times they were wrong. Therefore the greater availability of those memories over-represents their actual occurrences.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Condensed is usually available next day but full match is 48 hours because it's a nationally televised game.
Yeah but I don't get a "match not available" notice like dv did. I click on the match and am offered condensed or nothing. I'm not told anything is unavailable.

Yeah but I don't get a "match not available" notice like dv did. I click on the match and am offered condensed or nothing. I'm not told anything is unavailable.
He posted at 12 so perhaps the condensed just wasn't available at that time. It was an overnight game. I doubt there was anyone putting together a condensed match at 2 AM

i just logged on to the website site and was able to get the condensed maybe an android issue

It's great that, going into the season, our biggest weakness by far was central backs. Now, I think we have a very solid center back pairing (from what we have seen from Chanot so far) with decent reserves (Mena, Hernandez) and that will be huge if we are actually thinking we have even a shot at MLS Cup.
Gotta give a ton of credit to Reyna and whoever else is responsible for player personnel decisions. Now if only we can upgrade what is now a glaring weakness at keeper. Other than Saunders, I think we have quality players at every position when fully healthy and a pretty good group of substitutes, certainly no glaring weaknesses like we have had from the start. Hopefully Vieira is able to put all of the pieces together. As a first year coach, gotta agree with Midas Mulligan that we can fall victim to rookie mistakes from PV. His substitutes have been really poor at times, and his lineup (Allen/Hernandez is just such an obvious mistake that he refuses to move from) and strategy (Red Bull wedding among others) decisions have proven to be mistakes at times. When we get to the playoffs (at this point, we can start feeling confident about that) one bad decision can quickly cost us our season.

Maybe I am the only one, but I thought that it was a good move taking Harrison out at 60. Not only was he bottled up (not his fault) but more importantly he looked gassed in the second half and frustrated. He is still not that far removed from a serious injury and also still a kid playing in the bigs, so I don't mind some caution as appropriate. PV commented on this as well in the dudes in blue interview. PV also likely thought we could still steal 3 in the last 30, which we should have if the fresher Mendoza was capable of finishing can't miss opportunities.

As a first year coach, gotta agree with Midas Mulligan that we can fall victim to rookie mistakes from PV.
Not disputing this. But at the same time when this forum was screaming for changes throughout April, PV stuck with his plans and turned out to be right. That seemed pretty mature to me where a rookie coach could easily mistakenly flail around for "fixes" instead of staying the course.