Game Of Thrones (spoilers)

Doesn't mean he still can't have the horn. But I feel like it would have been teased in some form or another by now if he did. Otherwise, it becomes a weak Deus ex machina to pull it out of nowhere and control a dragon in the midst of battle.

PS, not sure how many of you have read the princess and the queen, that details the dance of dragons. But qyborn didnt invent the large crossbow to defeat dragons. And dragons are hardly invincible in GRRM's world.

What gets me is why wait for John to come to dragonsstone? Between his ride to white harbor and then sailing south to dragonstone. It could take a couple weeks. Danarys could fly to Winterfell in an afternoon. She has the westerosi hyper loop at her disposal. She needs to take more advantage of it. That's how Aegon was able to conquer the seven kingdoms.
It's all about politics. If you're the most powerful ruler you make people come to you.

This season, he's supposed to make the bastard of Bolton look tame. I cannot imagine how that could actually be.
As for Euron, he had THE most bad ass entry in GoT history. Dude rode in on a giant bridge (shaped like a mouth or claw) that crushed a dude and then preceded to kick everyones ass.

My only question is, I saw one of the sand snakes get the back of his leg. What are the odds he was poisoned?

wQ98Mns.png

Reactions: Schwallacus
It's all about politics. If you're the most powerful ruler you make people come to you.

As for Euron, he had THE most bad ass entry in GoT history. Dude rode in on a giant bridge (shaped like a mouth or claw) that crushed a dude and then preceded to kick everyones ass.

My only question is, I saw one of the sand snakes get the back of his leg. What are the odds he was poisoned?

I get that. But with round trip travel, your talking about a month! Those kind of delays allow Euron and his ilk to lay traps for your armies. If you have a distinct advantage in the speed which you can form an alliance and gather your forces, screw protocol and make it so.

I get that. But with round trip travel, your talking about a month! Those kind of delays allow Euron and his ilk to lay traps for your armies. If you have a distinct advantage in the speed which you can form an alliance and gather your forces, screw protocol and make it so.
what bothered me about last night was that Euron had no idea they were sailing south and he was able to lay a perfect trap for them - the "them" not being ordinary sailors, but fellow Pyke sailors/warriors. Just didn't seem realistic that they'd be completely taken by surprise and devastated so thoroughly.

Reactions: adam
what bothered me about last night was that Euron had no idea they were sailing south and he was able to lay a perfect trap for them - the "them" not being ordinary sailors, but fellow Pyke sailors/warriors. Just didn't seem realistic that they'd be completely taken by surprise and devastated so thoroughly.

i think Euron to something

Well if you're familiar with the geography of Westeros, there is only one way to get from dragonstone to Dorne. Sail South on the east coast past first Kings Landing, then the storm lands (also passing the isle of tarth ;)). So all Euron had to do, if he was expecting them to attack kings landing from dorne, was lay in wait somewhere in the storm lands and catch them on the way. They didn't make it clear if they caught them heading South to Dorne to pick up the tyrell army. Or when they were heading North to lay siege to kings landing with the dornish and tyrell army in tow. I assumed South, but where was lady tyrell? Also, why not just march the armies up the boneway? Not sure their fleet is large enough to carry all those soldiers, and after the Stanis disaster, no one should ever try to sail an army into the black water.

Reactions: Ulrich
Well if you're familiar with the geography of Westeros, there is only one way to get from dragonstone to Dorne. Sail South on the east coast past first Kings Landing, then the storm lands (also passing the isle of tarth ;)). So all Euron had to do, if he was expecting them to attack kings landing from dorne, was lay in wait somewhere in the storm lands and catch them on the way. They didn't make it clear if they caught them heading South to Dorne to pick up the tyrell army. Or when they were heading North to lay siege to kings landing with the dornish and tyrell army in tow. I assumed South, but where was lady tyrell? Also, why not just march the armies up the boneway? Not sure their fleet is large enough to carry all those soldiers, and after the Stanis disaster, no one should ever try to sail an army into the black water.
However he found them, it's apparent he had the badass Pykes and Lady Greyjoy only led the minnows. It was a convenient way to dispose of 40k extras and a few sand snakes in 10 minutes.

Reactions: adam
so hes something i just noticed, which i feel has to be significant.

If you watched the opening theme from prior seasons there's a body of water on either side of the wall. This season when they pan away from the wall the water is frozen on either side. AKA no need to get over the wall when you can just walk around it

Original:

cPbgSN6.jpg

Now:

2iAMK9H.jpg

"where the wall meets the sea theres a castle there, theres a mountain looks like an arrowhead, the dead are marching past, thousands of them." - The Hound, reading the fire

Last edited:
so hes something i just noticed, which i feel has to be significant.

If you watched the opening theme from prior seasons there's a body of water on either side of the wall. This season when they pan away from the wall the water is frozen on either side. AKA no need to get over the wall when you can just walk around it

Original:

cPbgSN6.jpg

Now:

2iAMK9H.jpg

"where the wall meets the sea theres a castle there, theres a mountain looks like an arrowhead, the dead are marching past, thousands of them." - The Hound, reading the fire

Good catch! I'm assuming the hound is talking about Eastwatch by the sea.

Reactions: Joseph Bianco