Game Of Thrones (spoilers)

I still think we'll see him return. He'll be the one who forges the obsidian into blades to fight the white walkers. Remember he was one of the most skilled blacksmiths in Kings Landing, and using dragon glass can't be easy when it comes to smithing.
giphy.gif

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
I still think we'll see him return. He'll be the one who forges the obsidian into blades to fight the white walkers. Remember he was one of the most skilled blacksmiths in Kings Landing, and using dragon glass can't be easy when it comes to smithing.
A blacksmith works with metal by heating, pouring, and hammering. Obsidian is a glass that has to be ground down like a precious stone. Unless he's apprenticed in the diamond district, it's doubtful he's got the skill set. Maybe the chapter where he learns the trade is a few years long?

A blacksmith works with metal by heating, pouring, and hammering. Obsidian is a glass that has to be ground down like a precious stone. Unless he's apprenticed in the diamond district, it's doubtful he's got the skill set. Maybe the chapter where he learns the trade is a few years long?

maybe hes been studying this since season 3.

Reactions: NYCFCfan

Jon is going to have to take all that dragon glass to the Westerosi Diamond District? And on a time crunch? Oy vey...

Jon is going to have to take all that dragon glass to the Westerosi Diamond District? And on a time crunch? Oy vey...
Probably on Easteros where the Iron Bank is located, them's the ones that have a whole city dedicated to finance. Kinda like our tribe.

Reactions: adam
The other hot take is the Hound is Azor Ahai. My view? I'm just gonna watch it play out.

I've assumed it was "when?" since reading the first book, but , yes, with Bran marked by the White King that could break the magic keeping the Walkers north of the Wall.
My theory on who Azor Ahai is slightly different. Based on the episode regarding the mistranslation of the legend, and it possibly being a princess we were promised, I think that's very key having been introduced so late in the story.

The obvious guesses are Daenerys and Arya, but they're too obvious, although Arya is a good guess having become an assassin trained by the Faceless Men.

I think the most overlooked person is Sansa. She started season one as a bratty & naive kid everybody loathed. She went on to see up close the evil in three of the worst characters in the books: Cerci, Joffrey, and the Bastard of Bolton... she matured and grew as a person to know the realities of the world are different than the fairytales she believed as a child. Along the way, she grew enough to administer her own justice to the Bastard via his dogs - ruthless(?). Littlefinger is teaching her about being cunning & guile. She's now leading the North in Jon's absence and seems to have the wisdom to see the big picture. Not sure when she'll pick up the skills to use Light Bringer, but maybe she's learning fighting skills the same time her Northerners are all being trained-up. Also, while two brothers met an early fate, one became the Three-eyed Raven and her Half Brother turned out to be a resurrected Warg/Targaryen who inspires the masses, so she's got good genes for being a savant-like character of importance of her own right.

I'd put a good wager on Sansa. I'd take an extreme dark horse flyer on Lady Mormont with a token bet for the long odds and the payout- she's gotten some choice screen time/speeches about bravery/fighting which warrants a hmmmm..... (but probably not).

Reactions: LostAnvil and Jack
My theory on who Azor Ahai is slightly different. Based on the episode regarding the mistranslation of the legend, and it possibly being a princess we were promised, I think that's very key having been introduced so late in the story.

The obvious guesses are Daenerys and Arya, but they're too obvious, although Arya is a good guess having become an assassin trained by the Faceless Men.

I think the most overlooked person is Sansa. She started season one as a bratty & naive kid everybody loathed. She went on to see up close the evil in three of the worst characters in the books: Cerci, Joffrey, and the Bastard of Bolton... she matured and grew as a person to know the realities of the world are different than the fairytales she believed as a child. Along the way, she grew enough to administer her own justice to the Bastard via his dogs - ruthless(?). Littlefinger is teaching her about being cunning & guile. She's now leading the North in Jon's absence and seems to have the wisdom to see the big picture. Not sure when she'll pick up the skills to use Light Bringer, but maybe she's learning fighting skills the same time her Northerners are all being trained-up. Also, while two brothers met an early fate, one became the Three-eyed Raven and her Half Brother turned out to be a resurrected Warg/Targaryen who inspires the masses, so she's got good genes for being a savant-like character of importance of her own right.

I'd put a good wager on Sansa. I'd take an extreme dark horse flyer on Lady Mormont with a token bet for the long odds and the payout- she's gotten some choice screen time/speeches about bravery/fighting which warrants a hmmmm..... (but probably not).
but Azor Ahai was a warrior or at least a fighter - doesn't seem like Sansa would be the one to wield Lightbringer and defeat the White Walkers and their wights

I really want it to be the hound, but smart money would be on Jon or Dany.

My guess is it'll be Davos Seaworth (in typical GRRM fashion)

Crackpot theory below:

The man has a wife he loves, and has said in the past that sacrificing his wife would be too much for him, which was a requirement for Azor Ahai originally. Davos was "reborn" amidst salt and smoke at the battle of blackwater bay.

I can see it now, he sees his dead son amongst the army of the dead and can't take it anymore. He sees wife being attacked, realizes he can't help her and does what he has to do to end her suffering and then plunges the sword into her heart and then it erupts into flames as a dragon swoops in.

I really want it to be the hound, but smart money would be on Jon or Dany.

My guess is it'll be Davos Seaworth (in typical GRRM fashion)

Crackpot theory below:

The man has a wife he loves, and has said in the past that sacrificing his wife would be too much for him, which was a requirement for Azor Ahai originally. Davos was "reborn" amidst salt and smoke at the battle of blackwater bay.

I can see it now, he sees his dead son amongst the army of the dead and can't take it anymore. He sees wife being attacked, realizes he can't help her and does what he has to do to end her suffering and then plunges the sword into her heart and then it erupts into flames as a dragon swoops in.
not crackpot - the theory that it's Davos is gaining a lot of traction, but I like your idea of how it should happen

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
I know it's not the best idea to proclaim who your favorite character is because it typically means they will die in short order, but Davos Shorthand has been mine for quite a while, especially after catching up on the books - if this theory proves to be true, I will dine on onion soup in celebration

Reactions: Ulrich

I don't read the books, so i don't recognize the importance of finding this Azor Ahai. Perhaps its discussed heavily in there but from my view of the tv series it was not and only just recently is it being brought up (that or i missed it in the earlier seasons). If its vital in the books and GRRM is going to use it to wrap the series up then it makes sense for the TV series to lean heavily into the lore now getting late and the show will be wrapping up as well.

That said, if GRRM gave the producers a heads up on how the books will end, I will say the following with a lot of cynicism. Whoever this important person is, they are going to have a very TV friendly face. Therefore I'd rule out someone like lady mormont. While she is cute in her brash way, im sorry to say her scowling face would have been cast differently if she was going to be very important. This could obviously be cleared up by recasting an older version of herself many years down the line, but I think this series is going to conclude withing a relative near time frame, not enough years to recast to an older version of the girl.

I don't read the books, so i don't recognize the importance of finding this Azor Ahai. Perhaps its discussed heavily in there but from my view of the tv series it was not and only just recently is it being brought up (that or i missed it in the earlier seasons). If its vital in the books and GRRM is going to use it to wrap the series up then it makes sense for the TV series to lean heavily into the lore now getting late and the show will be wrapping up as well.

That said, if GRRM gave the producers a heads up on how the books will end, I will say the following with a lot of cynicism. Whoever this important person is, they are going to have a very TV friendly face. Therefore I'd rule out someone like lady mormont. While she is cute in her brash way, im sorry to say her scowling face would have been cast differently if she was going to be very important. This could obviously be cleared up by recasting an older version of herself many years down the line, but I think this series is going to conclude withing a relative near time frame, not enough years to recast to an older version of the girl.
I think it was brought up the same in the TV show and the books - it might not have been seen as significant at the time since it was earlier in the show and people could have assumed Melisandre is just being a wackadoo - it's coming up again now that the prophecy was clarified this season by Missandei that the one word "prince" was not gender-specific and could mean "princess"

Reactions: Joseph Bianco