Game Of Thrones (spoilers)

they're almost halfway through this season and it's been somewhat underwhelming, which is odd given the speed at which everything is happening now - the 2nd episode felt like the only polished one

speaking of speeds i think everything went to fast last night. Not really for pace of the show but i think things that should have taken years to happen they made it seem like it happened overnight.

Reactions: Jack
they're almost halfway through this season and it's been somewhat underwhelming, which is odd given the speed at which everything is happening now - the 2nd episode felt like the only polished one
I felt the same way so I looked up the writers for the show. Episode 2 was written by Brian Cogman, 1&3 by the showrunners Benioff and Weiss. Seemed to me like the writing in ep 2 was made to clean up all the mess D
the other writers make, then we get back to nothing making sense again in ep 3.

Reactions: LostAnvil
i mean i guess i was exaggerating but getting from Winterfell to Dragonstone which is not only far away but an island shouldnt seem like its an overnight trip.
Yeah this bugged me. I'd have thought GRRM would have put in something in between. Jon Snow talking to Ser Davos about his plans on his way there, Dany hearing the news of the failed attack on Casterly Rock, etc. Instead they just made it all happen on the same day apparently.

I'm still waiting for Gendry to make his return as the true ruler of the 7 kingdoms.

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
Yeah this bugged me. I'd have thought GRRM would have put in something in between. Jon Snow talking to Ser Davos about his plans on his way there, Dany hearing the news of the failed attack on Casterly Rock, etc. Instead they just made it all happen on the same day apparently.

I'm still waiting for Gendry to make his return as the true ruler of the 7 kingdoms.

The_Game_of_Thrones_showrunners_have_finally_revealed_where_Gendry_is__kind_of_.jpg

Apparently the script got leaked. I dont know if its considered spoilers or not but id prefer to not know any of the information from that leak. Hopefully we can keep it out of this thread if anyone does decide to read it.

Apparently the script got leaked. I dont know if its considered spoilers or not but id prefer to not know any of the information from that leak. Hopefully we can keep it out of this thread if anyone does decide to read it.

Agreed. Spoilers here means we are free to discuss events to date and speculate about the future. Actual knowledge of future plots should be its own thread if anyone wants it.

i mean i guess i was exaggerating but getting from Winterfell to Dragonstone which is not only far away but an island shouldnt seem like its an overnight trip.

The AV Club has been discussing the lack of attention paid to temporal logic since at least the middle of last season, and it was he main theme of their review of last night:

"As it reaches its final 10 episodes, the temporality of Game Of Thrones is its ultimate enigma. For all of its mysteries and prophecies and fan-theory-inspiring teases, my central question for the show is less 'who is the Prince Who Was Promised' and more 'how are the events being depicted mapped onto linear time?'”

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/multi-front-war-comes-and-goes-game-thrones-settle-258785

PS: I wouldn't blame GRMM for this. It seems to be an issue much worse in the TV series. My issue with GRMM and time is how damn long he takes to write each book.

Agreed. Spoilers here means we are free to discuss events to date and speculate about the future. Actual knowledge of future plots should be its own thread if anyone wants it.

The AV Club has been discussing the lack of attention paid to temporal logic since at least the middle of last season, and it was he main theme of their review of last night:

"As it reaches its final 10 episodes, the temporality of Game Of Thrones is its ultimate enigma. For all of its mysteries and prophecies and fan-theory-inspiring teases, my central question for the show is less 'who is the Prince Who Was Promised' and more 'how are the events being depicted mapped onto linear time?'”

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/multi-front-war-comes-and-goes-game-thrones-settle-258785

PS: I wouldn't blame GRMM for this. It seems to be an issue much worse in the TV series. My issue with GRMM and time is how damn long he takes to write each book.

Here's a great bet. What comes first? Nycfc stadium announcement or the winds of winter?

Curious why Jon Snow didn't pack lighter (yet still formal) clothes for his trip south. He's always walking around the island in multiple layers and a dead wolf on his shoulders while the Dorthraki are always chilling comfortably in their underwear.

Curious why Jon Snow didn't pack lighter (yet still formal) clothes for his trip south. He's always walking around the island in multiple layers and a dead wolf on his shoulders while the Dorthraki are always chilling comfortably in their underwear.
the dothraki feel no pain or cold

I Don't watch this show I'v never seen one episode but this shit got Cyber Attacked holding HBO hostage .