Game Of Thrones (spoilers)

GRRM has said that he uses prophecy to add some foreshadowing or mystery to his story, not as a strong plot element. Similar to how the show used everyones reaction to the comet to mean something about themselves. Dany thought the comet meant follow it, Melisandre thought it was Stannis banners flying across the sky, the commoners thought something else.

In the book, Rhaegar was obsessed with the prophecies making them more popular, but I don't think they are supposed to be super important. Just like Cersei's reaction to her own prophecy has had more to do with it coming true than prophecy itself, personally i think no one is azor ahai, it might just mean you have t lose everything you have to defeat t he white walkers or something.

I don't read the books, so i don't recognize the importance of finding this Azor Ahai. Perhaps its discussed heavily in there but from my view of the tv series it was not and only just recently is it being brought up (that or i missed it in the earlier seasons). If its vital in the books and GRRM is going to use it to wrap the series up then it makes sense for the TV series to lean heavily into the lore now getting late and the show will be wrapping up as well.

That said, if GRRM gave the producers a heads up on how the books will end, I will say the following with a lot of cynicism. Whoever this important person is, they are going to have a very TV friendly face. Therefore I'd rule out someone like lady mormont. While she is cute in her brash way, im sorry to say her scowling face would have been cast differently if she was going to be very important. This could obviously be cleared up by recasting an older version of herself many years down the line, but I think this series is going to conclude withing a relative near time frame, not enough years to recast to an older version of the girl.

I think it was brought up the same in the TV show and the books - it might not have been seen as significant at the time since it was earlier in the show and people could have assumed Melisandre is just being a wackadoo - it's coming up again now that the prophecy was clarified this season by Missandei that the one word "prince" was not gender-specific and could mean "princess"

This. Mellisandre's whole schtick is was about finding Azor Ahai. She thought it was Stannis, now i think that she thinks its Jon Snow. Which is why when danerys asked her if she thought it was her she was like, im not going to say if i think that but i definitely think you have an important role to play. (also, she probably just doesnt want to fuck up again)

GRRM met with his publisher this week. The report I got last night was that there will be a book out next year. It just may not be the one we really want.

GRRM met with his publisher this week. The report I got last night was that there will be a book out next year. It just may not be the one we really want.
Meaning the book will be split like the final season? Or there's a rumor of him putting out a parallel book about a different time line in Westeros? If the second, it begs the question of why the Fck has he been spending time on a different venture rather than finishing the manuscript he's extremely behind schedule on????

Reactions: adam
Meaning the book will be split like the final season? Or there's a rumor of him putting out a parallel book about a different time line in Westeros? If the second, it begs the question of why the Fck has he been spending time on a different venture rather than finishing the manuscript he's extremely behind schedule on????
no some bs history of house targaryen

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
no some bs history of house targaryen
So #2 then. Which means he's been spending his time doing everything but finish the most important book of the cashcow series that made him famous.

So #2 then. Which means he's been spending his time doing everything but finish the most important book of the cashcow series that made him famous.
creative block was the termed used...not great

It's an intriguing theory that I ruled out a while back because the faceless men cut the faces off their victims to use as disguises, and if Ned was still alive, he'd want his own face intact, not attached to a headless corpse.

That said, I was never convinced Syrio died protecting Arya's escape, and it was really odd to think a Faceless Man would ever be held against his will in prison, especially when he so easily paid his debt to Arya at Harrenhall. And GRRM is an expert at twisting the plot in the most arcane ways when you least expect it. Wouldn't that be an Oh Shit! moment if Ned turns out to be the Prince We Were Promised? So, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Would the Three-eyed raven be the first the figure it out if true?

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
It's an intriguing theory that I ruled out a while back because the faceless men cut the faces off their victims to use as disguises, and if Ned was still alive, he'd want his own face intact, not attached to a headless corpse.

That said, I was never convinced Syrio died protecting Arya's escape, and it was really odd to think a Faceless Man would ever be held against his will in prison, especially when he so easily paid his debt to Arya at Harrenhall. And GRRM is an expert at twisting the plot in the most arcane ways when you least expect it. Wouldn't that be an Oh Shit! moment if Ned turns out to be the Prince We Were Promised? So, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Would the Three-eyed raven be the first the figure it out if true?
Bran should already if true. I highly doubt Ned's alive but there is that weird scene where Arya pulls a face off a dead guy and its her own.

Reactions: Ulrich
That may have been the greatest GoT episode to date. Something about Dany finally spilling blood in Westerous gets me off.