Away - 08/05 Quakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judie's Tacos Locos! Speedy Panini! Grilled Cheese Bandits!

Like many of you, I would prefer Martinez at LB and RJ at RB (assuming Mata is not available). Sadly, I think we are getting RJ and Jason.
No way! I think PV has shown, if anything, he's overly prone to judgments based on small sample sizes. To me, Martinez gets another go.

Okay, my "no way" is hopeful. But I think my justification is decent, and in this case, that's good enough for me since it supports my wish.

I think the forum's general consensus on a preferred lineup is:

McNamara, Villa, Harrison
Pirlo, Iraola, Lampard
Martinez, Chanot, Brillant, Allen

But we think PV may go Allen, Chanot, Brillant, Hernandez in the back?

I would classify Allen as an attacking fullback, Martinez as a well rounded fullback, and Hernandez as a defensive fullback. If that plays in at all to the lineup we select, Hernandez doesn't make that much sense because San Jose doesn't have a lot of firepower down the wings. Simon Dawkins (2 goals, 0 assists) and Alberto Quintero (3 goals, 2 assists) don't scare me too much. Much more worried about Amarikwa and Wondo.

Pirlo, Iraola, Lampard

I would classify Allen as an attacking fullback, Martinez as a well rounded fullback, and Hernandez as a defensive fullback. If that plays in at all to the lineup we select, Hernandez doesn't make that much sense because San Jose doesn't have a lot of firepower down the wings. Simon Dawkins (2 goals, 0 assists) and Alberto Quintero (3 goals, 2 assists) don't scare me too much. Much more worried about Amarikwa and Wondo.
The first flaw in your argument is that Hernandez is not a Fullback. But if you wish to label him that, it should be done correctly: Fullback Liability.

Pirlo, Iraola, Lampard

He's shown more faith in Hernandez and White at RB than willingness to run out Martinez at LB, even at the cost of moving Allen to his off-side.

Pirlo, Iraola, Lampard

Wait, is Brillant there? I thought someone said he wasn't.

In any event, I don't know that Mena/Chanot isn't our long-term answer at CB (long-term as in 3 years, not necessarily this season).

I really hope MLS figures out this Futbol Viernes thing next season. It flat out sucks for non Spanish speakers.

you can always watch the unimas games on the univision deportes website and it is super easy to switch to the English version of the game at the bottom of the stream.

Reactions: Ulrich
you can always watch the unimas games on the univision deportes website and it is super easy to switch to the English version of the game at the bottom of the stream.

Ugh. They make it so difficult to just watch an English stream

If you go to the high number channels on your box. 400+ you can find a repeat of Unimas and the SAP will work on that channel. The lower number Unimas does not work. If you get the sports package its a few channels past BeIn sports.
After making this comment, god help me if I end up being wrong. #dismissedfromforumsforever

Well I am in Indiana so there is no way I'm catching the game tonight. First game I have missed in a while, but I have a really good feeling about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.