Home V D. C. United 08/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes back to what I said earlier about DC. Chris Rolf sucks and yet DC finds ways to win. Why? Because they do not panic on defense, they don't make mistakes on defense and have a very good GK.
we tend to forget our GK is so so at best. Hey, does Buffon crave for a New York retirement life? would love to have him

Reactions: Kjbert
I actually really disagree with Saunders criticisms. Sure, his distribution has been pretty poor (though the numbers suggest vs. NJ they were pretty decent), how many goals has he given up from basically point-blank range due to defensive collapse, one 1-v-1s because of poor marking? He's helped much more than he's hurt us.

Reactions: NYdoesitEZ
I don't understand, at this point, why you play anyone that isn't the future of this team.

We should see a lot of Mullins, Mix, McNamara, Poku and Mena. We should see none of Brovsky, Wingert, Grabavoy or Ballouchy.

NYCFC injury report 8/13

QUESTIONABLE
Frank Lampard
Khiry Shelton
Chris Wingert
Ned Grabavoy

OUT
Connor Brandt
Javier Calle
Tony Taylor

Grabavoy questionable...what to do now?????

Anyone have any sense of how long the wait is pre-game to get the custom numbers? I plan to get there early to start beering, so I'm guessing it won't be a big problem. My kid's picture is on the zero and six so I'm going to have the only #60 jersey out there.

Anyone have any sense of how long the wait is pre-game to get the custom numbers? I plan to get there early to start beering, so I'm guessing it won't be a big problem. My kid's picture is on the zero and six so I'm going to have the only #60 jersey out there.

When the gates open rush to the team store. Otherwise you may be waiting more than 45 minutes. I went to the last game to the team store about 25 minutes after the gates open, the line for the number customization was looping around the entire store.

When the gates open rush to the team store. Otherwise you may be waiting more than 45 minutes. I went to the last game to the team store about 25 minutes after the gates open, the line for the number customization was looping around the entire store.
Thanks. That sucks. May have to bag that idea.

IF you have the jersey, go straight to the counter and pay for the customization ($35), get the receipt and go straight to the customization corner. It'd probably take 10-15 minutes if you're one of the first people in line, but you'd have it before kickoff. If you don't have a jersey, you have to buy that first (with the customization), then get in line. Takes an extra 5 minutes, but at 530 on a weekday game night, you shouldn't be fighting though too many crowds to get it done.

Reactions: JayH
They better have home long sleeve authentic kits at the store. They pulled all the jerseys from the online shop.

Well I believe Kries should try and select a team with balance, that gives a bit of solidity.

This would be my team

Saunders

Allen Mena Facey Angelino

Mix Pirlo

Poku

Iraola McNamara Villa

I do not think Iraola can play at right back without anyone in front of him. I just think it leaves him exposed. I know many think Allen isn't good enough, but for me he has pace and would have the added protection of Iraola in front of him, who I think would be better pushed a little more forward.

In midfield, I would bring in Mix alongside Pirlo. It isn't an ideal partnership, as Mix is better further forward, but Jacobsen has offered nothing in this role all season. His tackles are powder puff, his passing below average and he has no tactical nous whatsoever. How he, Grabavoy and Wingert get in the squad, never mind the team, is something that has me shaking my head.

Ahead of Mix and Pirlo I would have Poku. He can make the difference with his driving runs and can actually pass the ball as well. I would leave Lampard on the bench until the last 30 minutes.

Up front I would put Villa on the left, because it is evident he prefers that role and with Angelino behind him, he doesn't have to worry too much about getting back.

As the main striker it is between McNamara and Mullins (why is Nemec still here if Kries doesn't want to play him?)

I would go fro McNamara because I think he has goals in him and is stronger than some people think. I don't think he is athletic enough to play wide. However, I think he has a good touch and is better in the air than Villa or Mullins.

Well that would be my team, but I know it is not likely to be Kries's team.

I am going to stay up and watch it so a few hours sleep before work tomorrow lol

Last edited:
I dreamed of this roster last night. It's a 3-4-3 (Diamond midfield...Villa a bit forward...so it's like a double black diamond).
1. I don't think we need Iraola on the field if we use 3 CBs and advance Angelino into a wing midfielder, so all the defense can stay back.
2. Pirlo can play his natural position and with 3 CBs he doesn't need to rush back to play defense.
3. Poku can play up the field, along with McNamara

-----------Saunders------------
--Facey--Hernandez--Mena--
-------------Pirlo----------------
---Mix-------------Angelino---
-----------Lampard-------------
--Poku-----------McNamara--
--------------Villa----------------

Soccer Godz hear my cries: POKU! POKU! POKU! MIX! MIX! MIX! N! Y! C! F! C! W! I! N!

NYCFC injury report 8/13

QUESTIONABLE
Frank Lampard
Khiry Shelton
Chris Wingert
Ned Grabavoy

OUT
Connor Brandt
Javier Calle
Tony Taylor

Grabavoy questionable...what to do now?????
What is Calle out with now?

Man, disappointing. He seems like he has potential but he just needs to be out there and figuring out his place in the team.

Guy seems to be injured every other week though.

Man, disappointing. He seems like he has potential but he just needs to be out there and figuring out his place in the team.

I had read that someone saw him grab a voy during practice this week.

Wearing jerseys have't really been working consistently, so I think I may try my Yes Pirlo, Yes Party t-shirt tomorrow. Let's get the playoff train moving. COME ON YOU BOYS IN BLUE.
Going back to my "No Pirlo, No Party". Although, I am guessing he'll be a sub if he plays.

Exactly. He played Sunday. Won't be ready to go again until September.

He limped off on Sunday, remember? Kreis subbed our best midfielder out of the game so we could watch Calle do jack shit for 10 minutes and limp off leaving us shorthanded in our comeback effort.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Paul
Status
Not open for further replies.