Orlando Postmatch

That was the worst play, I can't even believe that one. You are a horrible dribbler, but either way, don;t dick around on the ball right at the edge of the penalty area. I can understand getting beaten one on one by Kaka, I can understand missing a tackle for a penalty, I just cannot understand why you would not clear that ball.

10,000x this. I watched that play screaming.

Pulling McNamara was the weirdest since he was really playing very central and doing most of the link up.
Spot on. Tommy had a quiet first half but in the space of about ten minutes in the second half he created three quality scoring chances. He slipped a nice ball through to Villa for a one on one that El Capitan smashed into the side netting. He then had that good turn and shot to the lower ninety that forced a good save from Bendik but we got a corner out of it. Finally, he set up Lampard for a quality chance with a nice one time left footed diagonal pass and the rebound led to Mindoza's goal. The only thing I can think of is that PV wanted to go with pure pace with all his subs, plus Mac was carrying a yellow so that might have influenced PV's decision to sub him as well.

JH is like the kid in rec league basketball who you can always just sneak behind to steal the ball without him even seeing you.

I did that to someone in a middle school game. We were on defense. A teammate was guarding the guy with the ball 1v1 who was just dribbling in place. I left my defender, ran in a U across the court, took the ball away from him mid dribble and scored an easy fast break up layup. Too easy.

Reactions: JayH
I did that to someone in a middle school game. We were on defense. A teammate was guarding the guy with the ball 1v1 who was just dribbling in place. I left my defender, ran in a U across the court, took the ball away from him mid dribble and scored an easy fast break up layup. Too easy.
So you were that dick to me.

So you were that dick to me.
not only was he a dick to you but a Pigeon Shit to !! Those are the worst!! Pigeon Shit Dick Heads! Just like those in charge of this forum that say i don't have the privilege to post a Thread in the Match Day. Are you or Anyone going to the game on Sept 10 ??

Reactions: Christopher Jee
not only was he a dick to you but a Pigeon Shit to !! Those are the worst!! Pigeon Shit Dick Heads! Just like those in charge of this forum that say i don't have the privilege to post a Thread in the Match Day. Are you or Anyone going to the game on Sept 10 ??
Ok let's calm down and take a breath.
We usually do 1 or 2 games at a time so that the section isn't cluttered top to bottom with threads.

Three things to note:

1) They cut the sound a lot during this video. Orlando fans curse like sailors.
2) NYCFC 2015 roster showing appreciation to Kreis
3) You have to wonder what Vieira talked about in a private room with Jurgen and Tab Ramos (US U20 coach)...Jack Harrison American

Three things to note:

3) You have to wonder what Vieira talked about in a private room with Jurgen and Tab Ramos (US U20 coach)...Jack Harrison American

I would have to think Jurgen probably also wanted to hear what Mix's situation is.

Ok let's calm down and take a breath.
We usually do 1 or 2 games at a time so that the section isn't cluttered top to bottom with threads.
Or maybe she could quit in protest. It's a legit option, an I think it makes a lot of sense.

Angela Miller Angela Miller don't put up with this shit. Quit now! Fight the power!

Kaka is awesome. Kaka single handedly beat us. The rest of the team was better than they have played but their goals were all Kaka.

Now that fleeting dreams of the Supporters Shield seem ridiculous again I am still happy we are in a position to play a home playoff game at YS.

I kind of get the JH right back and Mata or Allen as attacking left back to make us less vulnerable to counters than we are with both Mata and Allen as wing backs.

Did it bother anyone else how often we were playing the ball through Hernandez and attacking down his side of the field in the first half? It didn't look like Orlando was channeling us in that direction. I didn't get that at all.

Reactions: NYdoesitEZ and JayH
I kind of get the JH right back and Mata or Allen as attacking left back to make us less vulnerable to counters than we are with both Mata and Allen as wing backs.

Did it bother anyone else how often we were playing the ball through Hernandez and attacking down his side of the field in the first half? It didn't look like Orlando was channeling us in that direction. I didn't get that at all.

I understand the logic but I'm not sure why RJ can't play the exact same role as JH with better ball skills. I'm sure he's capable of following instructions and could be told to stay back in the same spot JH stays in.

If you are going to play from the back you have to go up both sides or the opposition will just take aways your preferred side. We are doing a lot to cover for JH and I agree that it's bothersome to watch. We essentially run the same "bail out JH" play every time. Iroala stays parallel about 10 ft to his left. The RW tracks back towards him and then Lampard shows about 10 ft up field from Iraola. Pirlo finds space in the middle of the field hoping JH makes a clean pass and the receiving player can get the ball out of the "JH cluster" into space for Pirlo to work. The problem is teams are figuring our that JH will never play a long ball so the LB and the LCB can come hard with Lampard and Harrison/Mendoza without any worry of getting burned over the top. The rest is easy, have your mids mark Iroala and Prilo while a forward presses Hernandez. He will either cough up the ball or pass it back. At least with RJ he could dribble past someone or play a long ball to switch the field or release Harrison over the top, neither of which JH is capable of.

Three things to note:

WOW So Much of My Andrea !! LOVE The Dude who confronted him with the Juventus and Milan Jersey's ! Then always a pleasure just to watch him walk!! Then there was the strange hug to Kreis?? Why go out of your way to hug a man that never wanted you Andrea just as the Game is about to start?? Then OMG They Saved The Best For Last ! The shirt exchange and Hug with Kaka!! DAMN I Miss The Old Day's!! THANKS LionNYC LionNYC

I understand the logic but I'm not sure why RJ can't play the exact same role as JH with better ball skills. I'm sure he's capable of following instructions and could be told to stay back in the same spot JH stays in.

If you are going to play from the back you have to go up both sides or the opposition will just take aways your preferred side. We are doing a lot to cover for JH and I agree that it's bothersome to watch. We essentially run the same "bail out JH" play every time. Iroala stays parallel about 10 ft to his left. The RW tracks back towards him and then Lampard shows about 10 ft up field from Iraola. Pirlo finds space in the middle of the field hoping JH makes a clean pass and the receiving player can get the ball out of the "JH cluster" into space for Pirlo to work. The problem is teams are figuring our that JH will never play a long ball so the LB and the LCB can come hard with Lampard and Harrison/Mendoza without any worry of getting burned over the top. The rest is easy, have your mids mark Iroala and Prilo while a forward presses Hernandez. He will either cough up the ball or pass it back. At least with RJ he could dribble past someone or play a long ball to switch the field or release Harrison over the top, neither of which JH is capable of.

Our set piece defending seems to better with JH and 2 center backs on the field and that was identified as our biggest weakness after the NJRB debacle.

If that is the way we are playing, though, we should be attacking up Mata's side much more whenever JH is on the field. Going through JH on every possession the first half against Orlando was driving me nuts.

This. Your buildup is only as strong as the weakest link.

I wonder if some of the lineups and subs at this point are PV experimenting ahead of the playoffs. If someone gets injured or has to miss a game he may feel he needs to give some bench players a little more time now to keep them in practice and confidence.

I wonder if some of the lineups and subs at this point are PV experimenting ahead of the playoffs. If someone gets injured or has to miss a game he may feel he needs to give some bench players a little more time now to keep them in practice and confidence.
So will we ever see Mix play again?? He's in all the training videos!

Reactions: joe
There's always that possibility, but the two players I'd be most concerned developing injuries have a backup that needs the practice and confidence more than anybody, and yet he's persona non grata....

Reactions: Sabo
That's excessively positive spin, even for you. Didn't you tell me in the other thread you play to win? #winningmentality #parenthesesididntbuyittherenorhere

I'd much rather play to avoid RBNJ than sandbag our team when we had a shot at the SS. Come on, man (keyshawn voice). You have to admit you're reaching with this one. (Hard?)

Last edited: